wheel colour ideas

paul wright

wreety
Reaction score
Guys im thinking of changing the colour of my alloys to gunmetal grey can anybody photoshop it or has anybody got any colour ideas cheers.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423681022638.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423681022638.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 248
Oh dear, you do know what happens on here when you ask for a photoshop of your car?

Let the games begin ;)

Yup gotta agree with Gaz, the gunmetal grey will look fantastic with the red bodywork..... Though, will you be going down the route of 'black optics' to complete the look ?
Yours looks great at the moment anyways, the wheels do tie in with chrome trim, roof rails, grill surround etc on the car as it is.

How about black?

I was searching for pictures on internet and found plenty of red Avant's with gloss black wheels and they look really smart. You would have to lose the chrome to complete the look though!

The best I could find (red Avant with gunmetal alloys) was this. Its not a B7 but should still hopefully give you an idea of what yours would look like. This also has been de-chromed and looks better for it imo
M8ig0p

Reactions: DieselJake
I've decided to paint the inserts gloss black along with the wheel centres and polish the spokes.

Found this picture on my local powder coaters page. It's the same anthracite colour as I have on my wheels, dark but really pings when the light hits the metal flake.

Reactions: paul wright
Trouble is with powder coating is the absence of a touch up paint.

Not the case at all, most decent powder coaters work with specific colour charts be factory ones or RAL etc. The guy I use can provide a pot of touch up for the majority of his finishes.

I used gunmetal plastidip on my Type R rather than paint purely for the fact that if I didn't like it, it peels off and you can buy another colour. I'm an ex body filler and sprayer so for me to choose something over paint is rare but the finish from plastidip is fantastic.

81bf850ebee6e2f57865ef5b1f5048d0.jpg