Wheel Cleaner

DohNut

Reaction score
Been using Bilberry. Anything better out there?

Reactions: Buxton2901
I have just started using bilberry but have heard good things about bilt hammer. It's more money though and effectively the same thing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I like Autosmart smart wheels. Buy in 5L and mix it up in spray bottles 3:1.

I like bilberry for when the wheels aren't that dirty as you can dilute it down so it's not as harsh. When the wheels are bad or have been left for a long time I use Bilt Hamber Auto Wheels and it works really well. Unfortunately, as always, there's loads of products to try in this game. Best way is to seal them when they are really clean so the dirt comes off much easier next time. My next project when I finally get my car back is to coat them in CQuartz DLUX so it lasts a bit longer. :)

Reactions: Jimbob76 and NevMan
Wheels will be getting sealed/coated in a couple of weeks as the cars off for a new car protection detail so I just need a good product for a weekly maintenance wash.

Been using Bilberry for years and just wondered if the game had moved on. Seems apparently not... which is no bad thing.

Reactions: NevMan
If you’ve got half hour to spare go onto YouTube and check out the forensic detailing channel. He does a great in depth test with a number of ‘bleeding’ wheel cleaners with Bilt Hamber auto wheels coming first.

Reactions: Jimbob76
I have just started using bilberry but have heard good things about bilt hammer. It's more money though and effectively the same thing
I've been on the bilberry for a few years and it works well, but the next purchase will be the bilt and hamber as it seems to win all the tests! I use their auto foam in a garden sprayer 80 ml topped up to 2 litres with hot water, spray on and jet wash off 5 minutes later, it does a fantastic job of cleaning the car without touching it with a cloth.

Bilt Hamber Auto Wheels is very good. Smells like a bad guff though but I can put up with that as it works so well :grinning:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and scotty76
Bilt Hamber Auto Wheels is very good. Smells like a bad guff though but I can put up with that as it works so well :grinning:

I use that too and have found even watered down 50/50 it works very well indeed only lasts twice as long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I use that too and have found even watered down 50/50 it works very well indeed only lasts twice as long

Good advice Rob. I’ve had the feeling it is more concentrated than it needs to be. I had half a bottle in the garage. I now have a full bottle :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan, Rob2k68 and S32B