1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Wheel Centres question

rafletcher Jun 30, 2020

1. rafletcher

rafletcher Active Member

Right, I have a set of winter wheels which I had with my A4, so they have a 66.5mm spigot diameter, and a 60mm diameter hole for the 5-arm centre caps to clip into. I've fitted 57.1mm spigot rings so wheels fit the S3.

I'm pondering doing a stud and nut conversion, and for that it's likely the 5-arm star centre wont fit, as the studs are 10mm longer than the OEM bolts. (of course, fitting a 10mm spacer would solve this!). So I started looking for standard disc type centres (that I have on my S3 summer wheels, which have a smaller 50mm'ish hole) that would fit the larger hole on the winters. So far, no success. I did buy a set (for £6.99 delivered!) that promised a 60mm ring similar to the star ones, but no good, they are a good 2mm too small.

I could probably use tape (duct, double sided foam, paint shop masking tape etc.) to build up the hole to reduce the ID and make the ones I have fit, but it'd be nice if the correct size centres were available. Anyone know if thats the case?