Wheel bolts

blackshuck

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've trawled through lots of spacer threads but can't find what I'm looking for!
Simple question, how long are the standard wheel bolts on a 2002 S3 and will I need longer ones if I fit 10mm spacers?

You will need longer bolts for 10mm spacers... I don't know off hand what the length of either is but assuming you are using OE wheels then you need radius seat bolts...

Essentially you add 10mm to the length of the OE bolt to get the right length.. I cut the ones I bought from Bill @ Badger 5 for my 10mm spacers but left them as supplied for the 15mm ones on the rear... you have to be careful on the fronts as they will tighten into the hub and lock the wheel and damaged the ABS sensor ring...

<tuffty/>

Sounds like 38mm required, mind you I've not got original S3 wheels so I suppose I should stop being lazy and measure one of mine!

Bill @ Badger 5 can supply the longer bolts... Mc Guard locking bolts seem to be the ones most people use as they supply different lengths... not sure if Bill keeps them though

<tuffty/>