Wheel bolts

monty77

Reaction score
Website
www.s3.adam-m.co.uk
What size bolts are in my wheels right now?

...replica RS6s if that makes any difference.

Need some longer ones, going to ask Rochford 1st should they ever answer their ****** phone!

Cheers,
Adam

27.5mm i think were factory for the s3

i uses a 42mm locking wheel nut with my oem wheels and 10mm spacers

[ QUOTE ]
27.5mm i think were factory for the s3

i uses a 42mm locking wheel nut with my oem wheels and 10mm spacers

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers Dunk ... just ordered a set of 16 50mm bolts and a set of matching lockers from Rochford. Trimming may be required though.

Cheers!
Adam

50mm might catch on the suspension behind the hub - you probably will have to trim them

[ QUOTE ]
50mm might catch on the suspension behind the hub - you probably will have to trim them

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought as much ... only did 40mm or 50mm lengths though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cheers,
Adam

Just bought some new RS4 reps and was wondering if the Audi locking nuts R Ok or would any of you recommend using different ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Just bought some new RS4 reps and was wondering if the Audi locking nuts R Ok or would any of you recommend using different ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Taffy, there isn't many key combinations on the Audi locking nuts (7 i think?) so you should get yourself over to halfords and get a set of McGuards. They are about £30 and are supposed to be one of the best!

I have them on mine and I know a lot of people on here have them.

Go get them before some scroat robs your alloys!

Rich

mcguard do one that is 44mm long with the audi type of head - these fit perfectly with either spacers or a wider offset wheel

[ QUOTE ]
Adam,

I have 15mm rear spacers on my Golf Anni.

I'm using McGard 28017 on the rear (45.0mm) and McGard 28018 on the front (26.7mm).

There is a groupbuy on at uk-mkivs.net for them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks mate, will prob order a set from there and flog mine on.

Cheers!
Adam

PS: Your old car made 271BHP on the rollers today .. v pleased /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Are original wheel studs ok to use with RS4 reps (From Rochfords). Cause Ive just checked and only about 10mm of the thread goes into the wheel hub.

I the checked the old Avus wheels and the stud sticks out on the hub side much more.

Will this be ok or should I get longer ones?

Dont fancy a wheel coming off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Are original wheel studs ok to use with RS4 reps (From Rochfords). Cause Ive just checked and only about 10mm of the thread goes into the wheel hub.

I the checked the old Avus wheels and the stud sticks out on the hub side much more.

Will this be ok or should I get longer ones?

Dont fancy a wheel coming off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody?????????