Wheel Bearing

A3DOL

Reaction score
Hi All,

Anyone changed a front wheel bearing on a 54' plate A3 Tdi?

Getting louder now and needs sorting. Fancy having a go myself.

Gav

pay a garage to do it, the old one will need pressing out and the new one pressing in, not something you can do yourself unless you have a press.

Also you'll need the geo checked on the car afterwards incase anything has moved.

havent done one on an A3 but without a hydraulic press you going to need a variety of large drifts/old sockets, acetylene to heat things and a very large hammer. You could keep costs down by removing the hub yourself and get your local garage to do the hard part.

pay a garage to do it, the old one will need pressing out and the new one pressing in, not something you can do yourself unless you have a press.

Also you'll need the geo checked on the car afterwards incase anything has moved.

you must type faster than me LOL

As far as I know the bearings do not need pressed - you buy the whole unit from audi and they are around £75 each

That goes for the rear bearings but I have never priced or asked about the fronts but I presume they are similar!

The rears are an easy change over!

you will still need to get the old bearing out the hub even if the new bearing comes with the part you bolt the wheel to comes attached.

Yeah as far as I remember from when I did mine on my S3 that was the old 8L, you now buy it as a whole unit now & it bolts on, so no pressing needed, removing needed as such, I will consult with the Oracles(namely etka/elsa)