Wheel bearing

Rileym

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anybody know where I can get a wheel bearing from for my 2008 Audi A3? Also roughly what sort of price it will cost.

I have been quoted just over £100 from a garage just for it to be supplied... to me that seems pretty steep! But Im not a mechanic!! So thought it was worth while asking on here!

Cheers

What price did audi quote you for the part?

I've got a wheel bearing off a 2007 A3 2.0TFSI if you want a used one? It's off the front left (if there is any difference to a rear one?) and was incorrectly replaced by Audi as they diagnosed a DSG gearbox fault as a noisy wheel bearing (cowboys).

Hi,

Does anybody know where I can get a wheel bearing from for my 2008 Audi A3? Also roughly what sort of price it will cost.

I have been quoted just over £100 from a garage just for it to be supplied... to me that seems pretty steep! But Im not a mechanic!! So thought it was worth while asking on here!

Cheers

www.eurocarparts.com - just type your reg number in - it'll give you an idea if nothing else

Some modern bearings come as a hub unit, rather than just the bearing which adds to the cost :(

Yeah I think you are right! Looking at eurocarparts it is £105, £42 for the labour as well... not too bad I guess!

I had the n/s/f one changed on my S3 at 21k, cost me £150 from Audi.
Poor show that they wouldn't stump up some of the cost as it was only just out of warranty :-(

Most wheels bearings nowadays are not just a bearing. I know the rears come as a unit that also incorporates the ABS ring/associated parts, after changing one of mine due to a fault with the ABS - nothing wrong with the bearing!

They used to be simples!!!