Wheel Bearing help

Fully

Reaction score
39759d71adb204457cd6398f0898fa7e.jpg

Trying to change my wheel bearing.
I’ve removed all the bolts from the back and sprayed around the bearing with rust/seized fluid to try and make it easier, whilst hitting it with a punch and the ****** thing won’t budge.
Anyone got advice/tricks to get this thing to move?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

020a4c398380a45873001144d39e71c5.jpg

So the bearing definitely needed doing for confirmation.
I’ve got the hub off, but the bearing or casing is still attached

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So today was a successful day.
After a lot of hammering a chisel around the edges between the bearing and steering knuckle, then putting anti-seize in the same areas.
Then repeated the same sequence again, i finally got the bearing separated from the knuckle.

9BXYiW8.jpg

I gave the steering knuckle face a bit of a clean, the best i could with my bashed in hand from the 5lb lump hammer.
I then hydraulic pressed the new bearing together with the wheel hub.

OKhAA2o.jpg

After a bit of jiggery pokery i got the bearing and hub back on the steering knuckle.

gqS5vQ1.jpg

Got my wheel back on and drove home

z6ikkye.jpg

Having had a dodgy bearing for quite a while and sounding like i was being followed by a chinook whilst driving.
I forgot how quiet it was to drive my car apart from the grumble of my diesel lump, it was bliss.
Now that annoying problem is sorted, i need to save my pennies for a remap and some new wheels from my to do list. :yahoo::moneywings:

Reactions: boffin486, Sidrick, Jamsmoo and 1 other person
It's one of those jobs (done it a few times myself over the years) where a Land Rover tool kit (a good selection of hammers) is useful.......... :whistle2:

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Fully