Wheel armour or wax

moorzy

Reaction score
Am looking at maybe getting a bottle of GTechniqC5 wheel armour, my question is, would I be wiser to just wax the wheels and save the £20 odd for a tiny 15ml bottle?

Am looking at maybe getting a bottle of GTechniqC5 wheel armour, my question is, would I be wiser to just wax the wheels and save the £20 odd for a tiny 15ml bottle?
Can't really comment on waxes as I haven't used them on alloys before but I recently applied c5 and found it excellent, easy to apply, protects well, alloys are so much easier to clean and if applied correct can last up to 12 months...apparently

Tried a few wheel waxes and they never did anything of any use IMO.

C5 on the other hand was amazing! Can use C5 on the plastic bumpers, callipers and paintwork as well (C1, C4 and C5 are all the same as I understand it).

I honestly thought the reviews I'd read were codswallop!!!!! Ordered, Mrs is going mad at me for continually buying cleaning products

Reactions: Flatoot
Rim Wax is good, helps stop the pad material from adhering to the wheel paint. But best bet is to clean wheels at least once a week. Muc off is very good, most wheel cleaners are strong alkalis and will attack any plated fasteners of brake callipers.