Wheel alignment cost

rizzini7

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I emailed Audi UK about the small patch of rust in my wheel arches and said I might get my wheel alignment done. I've just fitted lowering springs and require new tyres very soon. So thought I'd get this done while it's in having the arches checked
Apparently Norwich Audi told them:
"The cost for the four wheel alignment is RRP 241.00 GBP including VAT"

Does this seem about right?? I've got full ads and have read having the alignment done elsewhere can sometimes cause issues with the dynamic steering
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last time i got mine done was about 30 quid i think from my local garage

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sorry tyre place

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Audi taking the proverbial @ £241 I got my 4wheel alignment done and re-adjusted cambers for £78-00 inc vat. I think if the camber didn't need adjusting it would have been about £45 for the 4wheel alignment.

£241 I bet they still get a 3rd party to do the work.

Kwik Fit even have Hunter Alignment Machines now so worth a check or use this site
https://www.alignmycar.co.uk/

Reactions: V6_Man
Got mine done yesterday at Kwik Fit Oxford. Bought the 2 year old 'Geometry' plan for £119. You can get it done 8 times in 2 years is what I was told. Car feels so much better. Worth calling your local Kwik Fit.

Audi S4 B8.5, White and all stock. Going MRC 11 March Audi A4 B7 SLine.

My local Hunter-equipped place charged me £78 for all four wheels. Audi taking the mickey as usual.

Reactions: J20ONY and V6_Man
Did think it seems £££. But wasn't sure if there was a special reason
Just ordered my tyres. So, will leave it a couple more weeks for springs to settle and probably just go to local VW again. Will see if they'll fit the tyres as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are a ripoff. Audi Oxford quoted me £175 to check and depending on if anything needs fixing the cost could go up to £350. The guys at Kwik Fit gave me the S4 spec along with how much mine was before and after the alignment. Pretty impressed and happy to be honest.

Audi S4 B8.5, White and all stock. Going MRC 11 March Audi A4 B7 SLine.

I used my local Hunter laser alignment garage and had all 4 wheels sorted for c.£65

Normal "4 wheel alignment" isn't the same as this.

If you check www.alignmycar.co.uk it will tell you more and which dealer/tyre fitting centre is equipped.

Nottingham Alignment Service use a Hunter machine and charged me £45 for cash a few years back. Imagine it's gone up a bit but shows you how much of a ripoff Audi is.

Reactions: rizzini7
Have to agree with Slackworth, I can remember how much it was (I think it was just shy of £50), It was done within 30 mins. Great service.

£72 in early 2015 for a Hunter Alignment.

When I took delivery of the car it was pulling to the right, despite a nice tick in the PDI checklist saying the vehicle wasn't pulling to one side. Reported it and got some nonsense back from Audi UK saying the suspension needed time to settle down. Brought it back again and they admitted their rig couldn't hold the car's weight so sent it to a third party. Was a bit better but not perfect so brought it to a Hunter place and paid it myself. Fine since then.

Audi quoting £241 is bonkers.

Local place to me will charge £25 and can set the car up to however you want it.

Anyone with a laser alignment machine can do it.....doesnt have to be hunter.

wow that is some expensive wheel allignment! I hope they throw in a lap dance and pot of gold at that price

wow that is some expensive wheel allignment! I hope they throw in a lap dance and pot of gold at that price
Where do you go for yours with the thrown in @Meemo? Oh then again yours will be fellas giving the lap dances. I'll pass thanks

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Reactions: Meemo
Come on £241 for wheel alignment. What!.?

You can get it done for between £20 - £30