What's your winter runners ?? Pics

Keane

Reaction score
Just wondering what people have as there winter runners, or do you carry on using your car as an all rounder ?? I've got an s3 and use a nissan Micra super s (rare) as a winter runner
Love getting back in the s3 on the few nice days we get :) what you got ?
d115a9bacf2dda42d0442cbfc0fb0c70.jpg

Michelin Pilot Supersports and the S3 is the daily.

Reactions: Keane

I can barely afford this.. let alone another car :D

Reactions: S3Alex and Keane
The S3 is the daily on Avons still........During the Winter the S3 is stored in my detailing barn so 9/10 is cleaned on a daily basis to remove road grime. Its a ball ache but has to be done......a detailers car has to be clean regardless.

Last edited:
Reactions: S3Alex
The S3 is the daily on Avons still........During the Winter the S3 is stored in my detailing barn so 9/10 is cleaned on a daily basis to remove road grime.

Mine lives outdoors and looks like an off-roader. Lol

Reactions: S3 AEX, JudderMan and Brodster
love that Alex ! I used the s3 all round last year waiting for the snow and didn't get blessed with any ! Was forever cleaning it and getting the grit off the car. Got a bit fed up in the end. I only do 5 miles to work and back (in the dark) so it seams pointless driving the s3 as it can't be good for her starting and stopping.

Reactions: ninjakid and S3Alex
I don't think I could cope with the performance differential between something like an S3 and a Nissan Micra, I only have 1 car so try and make it one that I can drive all year round with no issues.

I don't think I could cope with the performance differential between something like an S3 and a Nissan Micra, I only have 1 car so try and make it one that I can drive all year round with no issues.
Really ..? I really like it, makes the s3 feel so much better after not driving it for 2 weeks, I look forwards to driving it. Also like that it's keeping the miles down and I don't have to worry about where I park the Micra

Been driving my Fabia vRS every day for 10 years now and now I have the A3 i will continue to use the trusty reliable rapid vRS if/when the weather gets crap.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    799.2 KB · Views: 225
Same car just ugly 17s and wintracs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    708.7 KB · Views: 206
My Audi is the run around will be using that through the winter to save my VW Corrado.

My dear ole GTI gets me through winter times. But since getting my S3, I'm yet to experience some snow drifting action :blownose: Come on England gimme your worse lol

dirty s3 on winter tires :cold:

I wouldn't be able too sleep I have parada spec 2 tyres and my God in the wet they are dangerous !
c63f4cbde19c50b3504d2db642b5b39f.jpg

all year round use here the money you spend running a winter car is wasted can use the proceeds for more cleaning products, refurb wheels if req and an excuse for more parts lol.

I wouldn't be able too sleep I have parada spec 2 tyres and my God in the wet they are dangerous !
c63f4cbde19c50b3504d2db642b5b39f.jpg

I'm not recommending it,but try these.....:D

At least the Parada's have more tread,but the surprising thing about the Toyo's is just how much grip there is on a wet,(but not soaking) road.

These are my normal winter runners...

S3 for winter,4 wheel drive and winter wheels/tyres just fitted!! no contest..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 180
IMAG0137aa
here's an old one but still same setup :)

Admin....thx!

Personally don't see the point in running a winter car, put your money into decent wet weather/winter tyres and a good jet washer to wash all the grime and salt off.

Not just about the weather ... It's all well and good spending money on winter tyres .. ( a mate works at sts and says there is no point in winter tyres). Apparently it's just a con and decent tyres are the same all year round. I like knowing the s3 is safe from weather and other drivers that can drive in snow :L also keeps the mileage down, not to mention work is 5 miles from home and it's not good for your car/turbo starting it in mornings and stopping 5 miles later when she's not even warm. It's also too dark at night to be washing the car when I finish work. save loads of money on fuel for more mods too !! :D

Plus the people that can't drive in the wet/snow/slightly dark wearher and are a hazard to tour pride and joy.

Couldn't afford another car, so using my A3 and Sava Eskimo HP winter tyres. They are a bargain, made in Slovenia but grip like mad in wet conditions.

Use mine all weathers/year just had 4 new "summers" put on, we don't really suffer from snow in Torquay...yes i know winters are better if under 7 deg...but...not for me, never felt the need.

I don't know, these winters are giving the esp light in second sometimes, my PS3s never did this

Same car and same tyres for me all year round. I bought it to drive it and love it versus BMWs and the like during winter. Bring on the snow!!!