Whats your private plate , or what have u seen ??

Its nice to see that there are some adults on here that act as adults, and marms with all your helpfulness you are becoming one of my fav. forum members. Heres that plate as well for you RGB. I apologise for the bad picture quality it was taken on my ****** Nokia 6500 which doesn't have the best camera resolution!

N8KOW said:
Its nice to see that there are some adults on here that act as adults, and marms with all your helpfulness you are becoming one of my fav. forum members. Heres that plate as well for you RGB. I apologise for the bad picture quality it was taken on my ****** Nokia 6500 which doesn't have the best camera resolution!

[URL="http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t31/s10tyg/Image008.jpg"][/URL]

Thanks for recognising my adult behaviour! It's only a Blog.. Shame about yer s*** 'phone.. are you planning on selling yer PP to upgrade it soon

TT
R:hubbahubba:

marms said:
It has become very apparent from this thread that the people fall in to one of two groups.

1) Those why like / appreciate private plates
2) Those that don't.

I can't see the problem here. Think of them as an accessory, one that you can take from car to car (providing it's not car specific that is). Some people like 20" alloys, some don't. I personally think that if it make you happy then what's the problem?

The right private plate is far from being a waste of money. I bought mine for £250 from DVLA many years ago. I have had more than one offer well in excess of £2.5k. I consider it a good plate and people know me and my car because of it.

Personally, I'd not go for the S3 XYZ type plates because you are unlikely to have an S3 forever and for most, the three letter initials type plate will only be obvious to the owner, but does it really matter. People buy different things for different reasons.

So, if you find a plate you like and it's within your budget, then buy it! or if you'd rather spend the money on a holiday... send us a post card.

Each to their own IMHO... :icon_thumright:

lol, you just sound abit bitchy and childish thats all. I just like pp's I always have done. Each to their own, indeed you are right RGB, btw what audi have you got?

RGBargee,

I think you're just being argumentative now. You've made your point.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Just because you have an opinion doesn't make it the only opinion, or the right one for that matter.

I personally think the T11O MAS plate is a great one. It will be worth quite a lot of money. While it does not actually say THOMAS it is blatantly obvious to anyone that that is what it represents.

marms said:
RGBargee,

I think you're just being argumentative now. You've made your point.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Just because you have an opinion doesn't make it the only opinion, or the right one for that matter.

I personally think the T11O MAS plate is a great one. It will be worth quite a lot of money. While it does not actually say THOMAS it is blatantly obvious to anyone that that is what it represents.

Not so have I ever said that anyone is not entitled to their own opinion?

I value diversity and recognise others may love PP's I think they are naff! I am certainly not arguing ( or is it AR 51 ING) !! I like nice fast OEM Black Audis .. If you like spending yer money on PP's it's your choice!!:icon_thumright:

RGBArgee said:
I like nice fast OEM Black Audis ..

Could you do me a favour and tell me that again just so I'm sure I know what you like! Oh, then wake me up afterwards as I am sure I will be rather bored with your repetitive posts and therefore asleep!

People like to personalise their cars in all sorts of ways - different wheels are a classic example. For less than a set of alloy wheels you can purchase a number plate from the DVLA or a number plate dealer. Some people, me included, prefer to leave their cars as Audi made them but to add a small bit of personalisation with a 'cherished number' as the DVLA call them. I have had mine, which I'm sure you all know, since the DVLA first allowed you to buy a new issue plate in 1990 and it's been on all of my 8 cars since and it cost the princely sum of £230 including the £80.00 transfer fee.

My wife's Polo has a matching number H5 JHR, again purchased from the DVLA for £230.

Some people like personalised plates and some don't, in the same way as some people like black cars or silver cars or any other colour and some don't.

Each to his own. What I dislike about PPs is when people mis-space them to try and make them into something there not. To me T110MAS reading as THOMAS by the addition of a black fixing screw is one of the best I've seen for a long while.

:icon_thumright:
Hotscar said:
Could you do me a favour and tell me that again just so I'm sure I know what you like! Oh, then wake me up afterwards as I am sure I will be rather bored with your repetitive posts and therefore asleep!

Wake up!! ....What do I like .... Much the same as you judging by your motor and age.... in 21 years time (when you get to my age) reflect on this! I have been there doing that and now just like quick black Audis, no PP's no dodgy mods, (not against a few subtle tweaks). I like this blog as it mainly concentrates on Audis rather than PP's BMW's and HellFrauds dodgy upgrades (IMHO)... Hope you still love Audis when you are 52!!

Cheers:icon_thumright:

I like this blog as it mainly concentrates on Audis rather than PP's BMW's and HellFrauds dodgy upgrades (IMHO)... Hope you still love Audis when you are 52!!

Unfortuately there seem to have been quite a few threads recently about 'how wonderful BMWs are' and a few on what I personally would regard as 'dodgy upgrades', but I suppose it takes all sorts to make a forum!

I'm 60 and loved my all Audis over the last 20 years and hope I can still do so in another 20 years!!!

h5djr said:
Unfortuately there seem to have been quite a few threads recently about 'how wonderful BMWs are' and a few on what I personally would regard as 'dodgy upgrades', but I suppose it takes all sorts to make a forum!

I'm 60 and loved my all Audis over the last 20 years and hope I can still do so in another 20 years!!!

Well done Dave! I could not agree more. BMW's are not a patch on Audis. I buy the whole product!!

TT
R:icon_thumright:

I've also recently seen a V6 Clio with V60 YES spaced V6 0 YES and an S3 with S30 YEH spaced S3 0 YEH and I thought both of these looked pretty good. There's also a GT3 near my work and the owner has GT03 FAB and I think that looks pretty good suiting the car...it's a black GT3 as well!

Hotscar said:
I've also recently seen a V6 Clio with V60 YES spaced V6 0 YES and an S3 with S30 YEH spaced S3 0 YEH and I thought both of these looked pretty good. There's also a GT3 RS near my work and the owner has GT03 FAB and I think that looks pretty good suiting the car...it's a black GT3 as well!
Now you see, I wouldn't consider any of the above as good plates. As I see it, a personal plate if for me, not the car. I also don't agree will misrepresenting a number or incorrectly spacing. Without this kind of 'messing' the above plate mean nothing.

T11OMAS, however will always be good to anyone called THOMAS. Using a black fixing is a little dubious but, even without it, this plate still has to be good.

All about taste. I think Audi finish every manufacturer off with interiors. I love audis, hence why I'm on here not evotechnik or e46fanatics etc

N8KOW said:
All about taste. I think Audi finish every manufacturer off with interiors. I love audis, hence why I'm on here not evotechnik or e46fanatics etc

Audis are great , let's concentrate on Audis not dodgy PP's dodgy upgrades and the 'dark side' B BMW's

TT
RG:icon_thumright:

PS . Are you going to get a decent camera?!!:hubbahubba:

lol. My sony camera is 7.2 mp and I'll get the Nokia N82 with 5mp camera when the A3 arrives. lol. Audis are great. My cousin has an 03 plate TT with a big turbo conversion pushin 330bhp, its great fun when its flying past evos etc. :lmfao:

...some guy that lives (lived, might have moved on!) had DRU 980Y on a 5 series beemer (i think! the OTT body kit disguised it so much it was hard to tell!)..... anyways, let just say the police stopped, searched and fined him as often as possible... or so i'm told!... spacing was changed to DRU9 8OY.... not exactly the most inconspicuous of plates for that profession!... tosser! ;o)

N8KOW said:
lol. My sony camera is 7.2 mp and I'll get the Nokia N82 with 5mp camera when the A3 arrives. lol. Audis are great. My cousin has an 03 plate TT with a big turbo conversion pushin 330bhp, its great fun when its flying past evos etc. :lmfao:

It's not a B* competition! But if that's what keeps you happy ...my Fuji is 12mp Have already got the Nokia and have an 07 motor with x2 08 on the :icon_thumright: way.... All are standard no PP's OEM. I am not trying to prove anything!

TT
R

Just seen HOB 81T miss spaced a bit to read HOBBIT.

My Mrs has 69 ** (her initials) on her car but she doesn't appreciate it! I bought R5TDY on E-Bay recently and the seller sent a new pair of plates with the docs to read RS TOY - looks good on my black B7RS4. My daughter has L15A** but she is forever being stopped by plod for mis-spacing. They mustn't have anything else to do.....

caldy said:
My Mrs has 69 ** (her initials) on her car but she doesn't appreciate it!

There's a woman near us has ** SLT
Her name may well be Susan Lianne Taylor, or whatever, but I just see "****".
I've got an 80's photo of Steve Parrish's Merc, taken in a Leicester hotel car park.
P3 NIS.:respekt:
I'll scan it and post it tomorrow.
One often sees cars up here with FUD in the plate.
Probably means nothing to you boys, but it's laughble up here.
A not-so-nice term for 'ladies parts'.:tapedshut:

My Mrs has 69 ** (her initials) on her car but she doesn't appreciate it!

I once followed a Porsche 911 on the autobahn near Stuttgart in Germany with the number S:EX69. In Germany everyone has a 'personal' number as the numbers are issued to the person and not the car. They are also directly related to where the person lives. For instance the S in the example refers to Stuttgart, B to Berlin, K to Koln (Cologne), IN for Ingolstadt (where a lot of Audis are made). Perhaps one of the best is COC for Cochem in the Mosel Valley. When a person sells a car the number gets transferred to their new car. If they move to another part of German they have to re-register and are issued with a new number related to their new location.

When I last visited the Audi factory in Ingolstadt, there were a lot of new car customers arriving with their 'personal' plates under their arm. These are handed in at reception and are then fitted to their new Audi whilst they go on a tour of the factory. When the tour is complete and their have had their free meal in the Audi Forum complex, they collect their new car from the Collection Centre, complete with their own 'personal' plates and drive away.

RGBArgee - Perhaps it's a good job you don't live in Germany.

Also interesting the plates are all made of metal and issued by the licencing authorities so their are no mis-spaced plates around. They also have stickers attached to show their equivalent of the Road Fund Licence has been paid and also that it has passed its annual inspection (MOT).

h5djr said:
RGBArgee - Perhaps it's a good job you don't live in Germany.

I am aware of the quaint habits our EU colleagues have, PP's are not compulsory in Germany and are not mandatory at the Audi session. Seems many Germans love PP's. In France you have to have a local plate 75 =Paris, 28 Eure et Loire etc. If you move you have to have a local plate. Also when you sell a car you take your number with you (unless you move). This whole thing is really bizzare IMHO. in answer to I previous Q I like fast nice standard Audis without PP's preferably in Black! Saw my ideal today in Taunton Somerset. OE 07 *** . Phantom Black Audi R8, it didn't need any embellishment, Nice, fast standard Black Audi!!

TT
RG:icon_thumright:

I am aware of the quaint habits our EU colleagues have, PP's are not compulsory in Germany and are not mandatory at the Audi session. Seems many Germans love PP's.

I don't know if Germans are allowed to choose their own numbers, but they are 'personal' if the fact that the number relates to the person and not the car.

h5djr said:
I don't know if Germans are allowed to choose their own numbers, but they are 'personal' if the fact that the number relates to the person and not the car.

This strikes me as a sensible idea; a personal plate in the sense that it is permanently assigned to the driver, a little bit like a national insurance number. I may be wrong, but I think they use a similar system in Switzerland, and if you have more than one car, I have a feeling they both carry the same plate.

This strikes me as a sensible idea; a personal plate in the sense that it is permanently assigned to the driver, a little bit like a national insurance number. I may be wrong, but I think they use a similar system in Switzerland, and if you have more than one car, I have a feeling they both carry the same plate.

Yes it's always struck me as a good idea. It would certainly stop all the mis-spaced, wrong type-face etc number plates you see in the UK.

As far as Switzerland is concerned, according to Wikapedia

"The licence in Switzerland relates to the driver, not the vehicle. On selling and purchasing a car, the plates are moved from the old to the new vehicle. One driver can keep many vehicles and move the plates as required from car to car".

I assume only one can be on the road at any one time, but I'm not sure. I am driving to Switzerland later this year for a holiday so I will have to remember to ask.

DiscoPanda said:
I saw S3 CYA on ebay a couple of months back. Was close to getting that one!

Not particularly useful for anyone on an S3; but if you've got an A3...

I used to have A3 CYU on mine and I'm thinking there's no reason my hanging on to it now, so if anyone's interested PM me...

Regards,

Rob.

h5djr said:
Yes it's always struck me as a good idea. It would certainly stop all the mis-spaced, wrong type-face etc number plates you see in the UK.

As far as Switzerland is concerned, according to Wikapedia

"The licence in Switzerland relates to the driver, not the vehicle. On selling and purchasing a car, the plates are moved from the old to the new vehicle. One driver can keep many vehicles and move the plates as required from car to car".

I assume only one can be on the road at any one time, but I'm not sure. I am driving to Switzerland later this year for a holiday so I will have to remember to ask.

You can register more than one car, with different numbers!! For those fed up with me banging on about PP's in the UK, I have no problem with this idea at all. Just not a fan of RU A 12 type UK PP's..

Nice cars, standard, (boring to some) but as 'Audi; intended IMHO...:icon_thumright:

With that spacing I shouldn't imagine it'll be too long...

I'll be going 'illegal' spacing, front and rear on my new car (currently illegal on front only).
Sod it.
I also get rid of the dealer markings that plates are supposed to have and just go for a plain black border.
I will probably add a logo too.
Where my current car has Aberdeen Football club's badge, I will probably go for an Alpina badge instead.
The one thing I won't do is go for illegal fonts or font size.
It may seem daft, but I think illegal font and font size is asking for trouble more than illegal spacing.
I may be gorssly mistaken, but it seems to have worked for me so far.
Some of the fonts you see...good god...what are they thinking...

Ive not been pulled with mine...yet. And ive even been pulled over for speeding, it wasnt even mentioned. Im just thinking it will attract more attention on an S3..:asskicking:

Is it a spot fine btw?

In sheffield theres a 307 with R 8 PAL, ive got N1 4UDY, bit crap but takes it off the original plate:respekt: