Whats your private plate , or what have u seen ??

N8KOW said:
I've seen loads of amazing plates in manchester.

D4WNS - Cayenne Turbo
S4LLY - BMW X3
C4RLS - 911 Carrera 4S Cab
J4NES - BMW X5
W33PON - LP640
AST11N - DB9 Volante
P11LOT - Bentley GT
8USY - Range Rover Vogue
GIF73D - X7
W4NYE - BMW M3

Those were off the top of my head!!
S4LLY - BMW X3 think I know that one, she used to live near me had an a-class a few years ago I think.

Lancaster Audi in Manchester have got the plate: AUD1 they used to have it on a Q7 demo.

I've got S8 SDR on mine, my sisters got S8 EMR on her mini looks good parked next to each other!

grathies said:
Rick Glover said:
Vauxhall Opel never actually fitted Bose to the Omega as standard IMHO, Had a New M reg CDX in 1994 and music was crap in that ...hence I think it must have been aftermarket.... QUOTE]

Well they had owned the car since new, was one of the 3.0 V6 Elitie with all that Irmscher stuff so it was probably a dealer option just like with the Audi stuff... god Im sad replying to this defending my ex's parents car... Im off for a curry as its still Xmas

Glad to clear that one up. I thought Vauxhall usually fitted 'Binatone' as standard!!:jump:

si_reading said:
S4LLY - BMW X3 think I know that one, she used to live near me had an a-class a few years ago I think.

Lancaster Audi in Manchester have got the plate: AUD1 they used to have it on a Q7 demo.

I've got S8 SDR on mine, my sisters got S8 EMR on her mini looks good parked next to each other!

WOT you doing driving round wiv August Alloys? It's December!! HAppy New Year

i just got one for my a3 i got a13 chj only to hide the year of my car if it was a newer car i would not of botherd

the best one i have seen was on a Aston Martin around bournemouth

FA51 CAR

There was a Merc or possibly a Roller (I can't quite remember now... it was many, many, many years ago) that had the reg 12 NOB. Strangely, a couple of little dots appeared after the 12 but aligned with the top of the numbers.

Years ago, in the papers, there was a thing about private plates and one of those was 131 TCH.

An uncles friend has a plate that read COSI 1 (or something like that) on his Sierra Cosworth, he's been offered thousands for it numerous times yet still retains it even though he's (apparently) let the car get into a sorry state... It was featured in Fast Ford once!

I used to have a Mk4 Golf GTi Anniversary which was badged up as an American Anni (also known as the 'Rabbit')

I kept playing around with my name and just couldn't find anything suitable without having to illegaly space the letters.

So I went for R444 BBT.....(R4 BBT and R44 BBT were taken) and the only other option was RAB 8IT which was 18K!!

I hadn't seen any other golfs with a 'Rabbit' reg and I thought it was pretty original....When I sold the car, I also sold the reg and badges to another Anni owner.

My mrs has S4 HRL bet you cant guess her name? All we need now is an S4 to match it.
A few numpties did ask us if her A3 was an S4 which soon got boring.

I wanted to get her D11ARF as she isnt very tall but that number had gone

I remember about 15 years ago, seeing an Aston driven by a young woman, with the reg 5 LUT, which made me realise what had probably funded the car!

I saw 4UDI on a A4/A6 a few weeks ago.
It wasn't a top of the spec model, so the owner probably spent more on the plate than the car...

I had F484CYC once didn't do anything for me nor did H523KVW but they were company cars.

i've got S3OUR going on the new s3 at the end of jan...... they've got loads on the DVLA site, all for a bargain price of £250!.... 1VAN would have been nice but didn't have the £60k knocking around to buy it!! :no:

Saw one today that made me chuckle, woman driving a bmw x5 number plate B14 TCH or Biatch ha ha

N8KOW said:
B14TCH!!! hahahaha. thats good. They've got N8 on new reg - £80k though :blownose:

Still rather spend dosh on a nicer motor or two IMHO:hi:

there is a range rover that drives about carlisle with the reg number along the lines of CHHIT !

R80 CAN
My name is Rob Cannon and the plate was only £250!!!!!! Bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A great plate I often see around my area of Cornwall is '15 UFO', -class!

I pick up my S3 on Friday so shall officially be part of the family, and no longer the black sheep wannabe. Cannot wait!

:arco:

I've always steered clear of car specific plates for obvious reasons.

I've always bought direct from DVLA and never paid more that £350 for any plate.

My name is Mark and I have M?RK X (can you guess what the ? is :)
I wanted M4RK B but it was already gone.

I think its a good plate and I have now had it on my last 4 cars. People get to know your plate which can be a bad thing. I've often had people say 'I know where you were at 6:30 last Tuesday' etc.

I've actually had some fairly sizable offers from some of the numberplate websites but I think that, unless I need the money for some reason, I'll simply keep it ant let it carry on appreciating in price. It is getting quite hard to find any decent plates these days, without spending silly money.

i went for the B8 PPD as the B8 could look like BB or 88 then my initials. i also Like the number 8 as its ment to be a lucky number, It also can be used on any car from 1983 onwards and im not restricted to what cars i can slap it on, i have had that plate since 1993, i got it for a nice price when PP's was not as common as they are today, iv been offered a 4 figure sum for it by a big boss of a company that has PPD in its name initials, but its not for sale, period.

Theres a Subaru in my area with: YE51YES
I always thought that was cool... Mine is just my name.

N8KOW said:
I forgot to say, dunno if the guy is on here. Saw an 8P S3 with 'T110MAS' 'Thomas' the other day. That is a good plate!

Why's that good? looks naff to me but then again my name's not MAS...:hubbahubba:

N8KOW said:
T110 MAS - it says thomas u numpty :asskicking:

NO it doesn't thomas spells thomas... T 110 MAS is a p poor attempt.

I hate PP's, why bother you don't see them when sat behind the wheel, totally unneccesary and a waste of money /.....IMHO.. Nice quick black standard Audis with any old reg ... WTH:hubbahubba:

He had a screw in between the 11 so it appears as a H. If you don't like pp's then theres no point :no: even having this arguement with you! :tocktock:

mitch78 said:
Let me guess, you'd prefer BOSE or a holiday! ;)

I have Bose and lots of holidays and don't subscribe to illegal misrepresentaion of no plates to spell thomas. As another person on this Blog has repeatedly stated. I know my name and don't need to be reminded!!! Seems I may be hitting a few nerves folks, not intending to upset anyone...it's your money... I prefer to spend mine on other IMHO useful things (not necessarily BOSE and holidays.. in fact I have decided the standard Audi music is pretty good in new TT and BOSE not required... however try out the HK in the S5/A5 and I would definately have that!!!

TT (No PP Ta!)

RGBArgee

It has become very apparent from this thread that the people fall in to one of two groups.

1) Those why like / appreciate private plates
2) Those that don't.

I can't see the problem here. Think of them as an accessory, one that you can take from car to car (providing it's not car specific that is). Some people like 20" alloys, some don't. I personally think that if it make you happy then what's the problem?

The right private plate is far from being a waste of money. I bought mine for £250 from DVLA many years ago. I have had more than one offer well in excess of £2.5k. I consider it a good plate and people know me and my car because of it.

Personally, I'd not go for the S3 XYZ type plates because you are unlikely to have an S3 forever and for most, the three letter initials type plate will only be obvious to the owner, but does it really matter. People buy different things for different reasons.

So, if you find a plate you like and it's within your budget, then buy it! or if you'd rather spend the money on a holiday... send us a post card.