What's your "must have"?

coddy85

Reaction score
As title really. I'm still very much looking forward to ordering my S3 in the new year. The Saloon has run it's course. But what is the first option you tick? Engine? quattro? S-line? Sat Nav? No ashtray?

For me it's normally the Tech Pack followed by Xenons. Oh and Interior Light Pack.

Reactions: s31jay
Parking system plus in combination with comfort pack, costs £250 extra to have the sensors on the front, but after having a few cars with them on you get used to them being there! So they only have to save you once from a scrape and they have paid for themselves! Also went for electric folding mirrors, which turns the NS mirror down towards the kerb when you select reverse....saves alloys :)

Comfort pack has to be the first option ticked. It should be standard nowadays.

I would also add that if you do any long distance driving, you should definitely spec electrically adjustable lumbar support. Without it there is NO additional lumbar support, not even manual. It's supplied for both front seats too for a little over a hundred quid.

After choosing the S3 saloon, mine went like this -
First choice - S-tronic
Second choice - Colour
Third choice - Comfort pack with parking system plus

S-tronic (although the DQ200 isn't as good as I'd like it to be)
Comfort Pack - couldn't live with a car without cruise control
Xenons - better visibility and look much nicer than Halogens
Tech pack - this resolution display should be standard
B&O - looks as good as it sounds

S-tronic. If I really had to I could live without the other options but definitely not without s--tronic.

B&O for me... because I'm all about that bass...

Reactions: Dtwm1 and mcnallys
Whatever car I was going to get it definetly had to have Black leather seats and
Black headliner. Those two are a must.

A3 Saloon 2.0 quattro s-tronic. Glacier White. :superman:

Must have?......well the bl**dy car would be a good start:disgust:

Reactions: koder, RedTurtle, J6YAK and 1 other person
SuperSport Seats were first on my list closely followed by comfort pack and LED Headlights,

Lumber support. If you are not comfortable you are never going to enjoy driving the car. Boring but essential.

S-tronic
Tech pack
Parking system plus (for the wife)

Reactions: Cymru09
Performance, everything else is secondary.............

So that will have confused the hell out of you! So I suggest you need to tick all the option boxes :D
Seriously though, options are a very personal thing and it is difficult to be totally objective about them.
But whatever spec you choose you will be driving a fantastic car.

I picked engine first in a sense, by picking the S3. I also consider quattro pretty much a must have.
Next would probably be comfort pack, especially the light and rain sensors.

Assuming you are ordering an s-tronic S3, if I had to choose one and ONLY ONE adder, it would be ACC... It works perfectly and turns everyday driving into something so easy. Next would probably be comfort pack (but then if you are spec'ing ACC, it's a no brainer as it is cheaper with the comfort pack).

Cheers guys, I just wanted an insight as to what everyone else thought was important. When I make the move on the S3 it will be the 6th Audi in a row. I actually thought I was the only person in the world that thinks S-tronic is the dogs danglies, but it seems we are more the majority these days!

Again, as a few have said ignoring the engine and gearbox options if I had only one option box to tick I would chose the Comfort Pack. Cruise Control and Parking sensors with the Auto dimming Rear view mirror practically thrown in for free... having had all three of these on a previous car then going to a car with none of them that was the one thing I had to choose.
After that it all gets very very subjective as the next thing I would pick is the B&O Sound System which some people just wouldn't pick.

The only option that I couldn't live without is the sports seats and lumbar support. I found the SE seats too flat and lacking in adjustment for my frame and I just know if would constantly annoy me if I got that wrong.

All other options were nice to haves, although I wouldn't order the through-load facility again.I just don’t use it.

Quite simply, the looks, then the engine. If they don't do both I'm happy with then I'll buy something else from another manufacturer....

My top three:

1. ACC (absolutely wonderful in flowing traffic, particularly on a-roads where you aren't looking to overtake)
2. B&O (knocks spots off any in car audio I've had in the past)
3. ILP + mono.pur (I count this as one as it really rounds off the interior nicely)

My top 3:-

Manual gearbox.
Electric lumbar
Sunroof

Assumes the givens that I wanted performance, practicality and up-to-date underpinnings.

After that I took too much notice of suggestions on this forum and ticked loads a boxes - beware :)

I forgot to mention...sports suspension delete was also a must have.

Reactions: cemerson
My 3 absolute must haves were:

1. engine (1.4 tfsi cod)
2. Deselect sport suspension
3. Rear parking sensors

Mine was a stock vehicle, so I took a view on what else it had (s line trim, lights and wipers and misano red paint) and made my decision. I wouldn't have minded ACC, but apart from that I'm happy with my choice. What I didn't want was a 6 months wait for my new toy!

Must have? The S3 bit is essential, with stronic. The engine is just brilliant.

Oh. And maybe super sports seats..... I really like them.

Good to hear the array of responses. One thing I hadn't thought of yet was the lumbar support. I have it in my saloon right now, released it completely and I was so uncomfortable. That's a box ticked, even if it should be standard.

There's only one must have for me with my S3

A different car for the missus!!!

:)

The other 'must have' for me, apart from the s-tronic I've already mentioned would be electronic air conditioning although this is standard on most models anyway.