What's your 2017 B7 to do list then ....

Looking forward to this week...Finally getting round to having my springs fitted which should hopefully minimise the arch gap up front and get rid of the rear rake. Looked for a while which springs should resolve this and H&R 45mm all round seemed to look like they'll do the trick. Also have some wheel spacers to push things out a bit.

Is anybody else currently running 45mm h&r's on a b7 avant quattro?

Looking forward to this week...Finally getting round to having my springs fitted which should hopefully minimise the arch gap up front and get rid of the rear rake. Looked for a while which springs should resolve this and H&R 45mm all round seemed to look like they'll do the trick. Also have some wheel spacers to push things out a bit.

Is anybody else currently running 45mm h&r's on a b7 avant quattro?

yep, I have them on my Quattro avant old bus , but don't use spacers with my rim choice , very happy thus far , may invest next month in some better dampers something like bilstein b8's , not 100% until I've had a better look at what available.

Thanks for the info Rob. Do you have any pictures showing how it currently sits? I was thinking about getting some dampers so maybe in the future.

I've currently got the std 18" rs4 wheels so the need pushing out a little bit more :)

my current rims are an ET35 so sit nicely in the arches now, my oem ones were the ronal "DTM" rims which were an ET43 , I'll add a pic in a few mins to give you a better idea of how my old bus sits now.

cant access my pics at present so here is one from last year , the old bus hasn't changed ride height or rim wise so this should give you a better idea.
IMG 0892

Reactions: Tommmygunnn and THQuattro
One thing done on to do list
7910cb61416f58a1c931ef4d581e01da.jpg

Had these battered ones on
d595d6831d2d6927a095e9197e0cac39.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for some help if anyone can advise. I got my 45mm h&r springs fitted yesterday to my avant quattro but it doesn't sit how I researched and had planned it to.

The gap between the front wheel and arch is still around 30mm, maybe even more but I've not had chance to measure. The rear looks great with about a 10mm gap between wheel and arch. From what I understood fitting these springs it would level out and reduce the appearance of the rear rake which it hasnt.

Would all 4 of these springs be identical, or is it possible that the mechanic has fitted the front and rears the wrong way around?

I can get some photos after work. I know Rob who posted earlier in this thread his sits much lower at the front on the same springs. Do I need to go and get the b5 perches fitted now or could something be not quite right?

It will take a while for your springs to settle down Tom so the car will be a little lower than it is now.

Also the Quattros seem to sit higher at the front for some reason and that's when the B5 perches come into play.

I myself would wait to see what it settles like.

Looking for some help if anyone can advise. I got my 45mm h&r springs fitted yesterday to my avant quattro but it doesn't sit how I researched and had planned it to.

The gap between the front wheel and arch is still around 30mm, maybe even more but I've not had chance to measure. The rear looks great with about a 10mm gap between wheel and arch. From what I understood fitting these springs it would level out and reduce the appearance of the rear rake which it hasnt.

Would all 4 of these springs be identical, or is it possible that the mechanic has fitted the front and rears the wrong way around?

I can get some photos after work. I know Rob who posted earlier in this thread his sits much lower at the front on the same springs. Do I need to go and get the b5 perches fitted now or could something be not quite right?

mine were very similar after I first fitted them, they took a good few weeks to settle down to current ride height as in my pics, I did have a pair of perches but held back until the car settled down.
glad I did really as with the perches it would have been a bit too low for me and speed bumps.....i'm very happy with mine now, just give them time to settle down and you'll be glad you did.
The Quattro's do sit a bit higher at the front but with the H&R's front and rear mine sits pretty well level now.
Its all down to time now, a lot of guys have had similar symptoms when changing spring etc but its all turned out good after the springs have settle down under load.

Reactions: Tommmygunnn
Top man Rob. I had read about springs settling down over time but also read that they dont really settle at all, but I guess it depends on different brands and models etc. Nice to hear from your experience it is quite normal. You've put my mind at ease now so thanks for that. Full valet and detail next weekend for me then.

Done some jobs late in 2016
RS4 Grill, RS4 Lower Grills
Light tint windows
Genuine 19s Le Man wheels
Zenon genuine lighting, with Joey Mod
Cupra Splitter
Stainless system S4 style system and a 280bhp remap
H&R lowered and RS4 rear ARB

For 2017

Flat bottomed wheel is on the list
Gearbox oil change
Possibly upgrade mid speakers on Bose system

Polish2

Polish21

Attachments

• polish21.jpg
    polish21.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: DieselJake
and possibly Zenon fogs and OEM look boost gauge

Well with xmas over and done with for another year and most of our pockets have taken a real battering , what's on your to do list for 2017, maybe it's a few more mods or is it going to be a long list of essential maintance / repairs.... then a few mods after that...
I have a drawn up my short list today, need must so its a case of repairs first followed by essential maintaince and go from there....
So I have to replace my Quattro DMF & Clutch asap.
Replace the rear coolant flange/housing on the back of the cylinder block that's loosing coolant quite a lot now.
Replace the Aux belt tensioner that's become very noisy .
I'll probably do all three of those at the same time as its a real nightmare doing that coolant part as access is all most imposible but with the gearbox out of the way it can be done with a lot more ease.

the old bus will need a cambelt & water pump change shortly so another job for early next year.
All 4 tyres are getting low now so maybe worth changing to 19" rims and getting new rubber to fit rather than cough up for new 18" rubber and only using them for a short time.
another sevice will be due but that's normal usage.
hoping to get my new front bumper and rear valance all fitted but holding back to see if the RS4 sill extensions are doable.

I think that's about it for me for 2017 unless something else comes to mind....

have a good one chaps

rob
Just got my first Audi it's an a4 2.0 tdi 55 plate so looking to pick up inspiration from other members on what do do once I get the bits and bobs fixed/replaced could be a long year

Welcome to the Madhouse Glen....you'll get plenty of inspiration from us here in the B7 section and also an empty wallet.

Reactions: tony mc
Urgh, a long and expensive list

Essential
Give it a service
Sort out why it keeps going into limp mode
Rebuild the whole rear end suspension/ drive stuff. Rust has started to take its toll
Figure out why the central locking is intermittent

Would like
Refurb the wheels, take them lighter (if not back to OEM)
Sort out a few other bodywork niggles
Clean engine bay