whats this sensor/valve?

petewon

Reaction score
Ive got a B6 A4 1.8T, theres 2 sensors bolted to the bottom of the intake minafold anone know what they are? Just Ive noticed some oil leaaking from one of them. Performance seems abit lacking of late, thinking it may be the N75.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

The N75 is at the top of the engine by the DV.

Have you a pic of the sensor?

Ok cheers, nah I dont have a pic of it. I cant even get the part number off it. theres 2 sensors bolted to a plate which is then bolted to the underside of the intake manifold. They do look similar to N75s. Yellow metal housing with a sensor plug and a couple of outlets on each of them.

Ill try and get a pic.

Cheers.

petewon.

Whats you engine code ANB or APU. If you send me an email address i can send you a picture of the valves from elsawin and a more detailed description how to check the valve out but the description is below.

Recirculation valve for turbocharger -N249 and secondary air inlet valve -N112
Notes:

◆ The secondary inlet valve is only installed in vehicles with engine code ANB.
The mechanical air recirculation valve is in front of the exhaust turbocharger. It is opened by vacuum pressure with overrun, idling and partial load. This reduces the present boost pressure in front of throttle valve. The turbocharger is thus kept to a high speed.
◆ With engine codes ANB and APU the mechanical air recirculation valve is controlled via the recirculation valve for turbocharger -N249.
◆ Check the air recirculation valve if the engine is not producing full power, or jerking when the throttle is opened and closed.

Hi mate, its actualy AVJ. Do you have any info on that?

Cheers. :)

vehicles to 06.02 engine AVJ
Turbocharger air recirculation valve -N249-
Fitting location: below intake manifold at front of manifold
Secondary air inlet valve -N112-
Fitting location: below intake manifold at rear of manifold
Not so much on the checking of the valves as it assumes diagnostics are used but I'd say the resistance check would be a good start and then check that the internal seals still work and they aren't leaking.
i can send you the method to check them from the older engines on a word document if you forward me an email address.

Cool, your a star Enda.

Mine seem to be covered in oil although I would presume no oil actualy pass through them.

Dont suppose it shows any pics of the setup does it? Just one of the outlets has a 90 degree hose connector on it but no hose. Just wondering if that would be right.

Thanks again.

Pete.

I've got diagrams from elsawin put I can't post them on here, can email them though