1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's this bit do?!

niggtv Apr 29, 2006

  1. niggtv

    niggtv Member

    Just replaced the N75J valve on my 1.8T. To get to it I had to temprarily remove a black circular part (approx 5cm diameter)... a rubber hose from the middle of it joined the air intake, and another hose joined onto a metal pipe (which looked like a breather pipe), fitted along the side of the cylinder head.

    What is it?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

    When I removed it some oil poured out - is this to be expected? Also, one of the hose clips was very loose.

    All back together now, and seems to be pulling more smoothly.
  2. Avatar

    Google AdSense Advertisement

  3. mattpanton

    mattpanton Member

    Sounds like something to do with the PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) to me, they normally have a habit of collecting a little oil, nothing to worry about I don't think.


Share This Page