What's The Score With The New Layout

SI-W85

Reaction score
Has everybody else's layout of the forum changed or have I done something to it??? Sorry but if it has been changed on purpose I've got to say I don't like it at all :/ it was much easier to use before and the layout was way better than it is now, am I the only one this has happened to or thinks this???

Reactions: Audi Dynamik
Yes, you are not alone, and it is getting reported on elsewhere on this forum, currently I'm thinking this is not good!

Edit:- Also my "likes" counter has been reset - think I'll go and have a warm cocoa and sit in the corner, no, I'll go and cut the grass!

Just a thought, is this the layout of the BMW forums, are we being prepared for something?

Last edited:
Reactions: CHEZ
I like it tbh, much easier to view on an ipad.

Reactions: The Engineer
hmm I can rember when vw audi forum changed and didn't like that either

garth.jpg

Reactions: CHEZ, Jay.Ing, SI-W85 and 1 other person
Think it's a case of i got used to the old layout, i'm sure i will get used to it.
I look in the classifieds alot & find it more awkward to get there now, unless i'm being a complete dimwit?

One of the main reasons I used ASN I'd the easy layout this has turned a bit like R32oc or audizine, my things have also been reset. As you say though we don't like change I guess the mods must think it needed it but me personally think why change something that was perfectly fine in my opinion :/

its also like STOC

The new software was required as the old software was getting slower and struggling to cope with the volume of users we had online. The volume of users/visitors in increasing all the time so it was time to move forward. The new software is faster, loads so much quicker, is fantastic on the mobile/ipad/android. I know a lot of us dont like change (its an age thing, lol) but we must progress. The admin team have taken many months to get the new software running, working many long hours and through the night to give us this sleek new site. Yes we tested it out as much as we could, and there is still ongoing work to do. Personally, i love it, and i spend a reasonable amount of time on site. :)

Reactions: SI-W85, TonyH38 and SPARTAN91
I hate change but since yesterday im getting used to it,the more you use it the more familiar with it you will get.All we do is come on here and use the forum and don't see all the background stuff going...........from what ive read a change was needed to move forward!Give it chance and sure all the 'little niggles/dislikes' will be sorted eventually;)

Reactions: Sandra
Steve, change is a good thing. As you get used to the new site you will see many new benifits. Its so much faster and easier to use. All the little niggles will get sorted as we find them. Admin nave been really flat out and working long long hours to get us to this point, but they will put in many more hours for all the members of audi-sport.net to have a fantastic site. :) X

Reactions: WOLF
thanks for the feed back @WOLF

A :)

Very welcome,appreciate your hard work

Steve, change is a good thing. As you get used to the new site you will see many new benifits. Its so much faster and easier to use. All the little niggles will get sorted as we find them. Admin nave been really flat out and working long long hours to get us to this point, but they will put in many more hours for all the members of audi-sport.net to have a fantastic site. :) X

We will all enjoy the benefits of the new look ASN before long:D

I'm not keen on the fact a thread doesn't go back to the top after a comment has been left, also I was just on a thread looking at a picture couldn't get back to the thread, I swiped right and it threw me back to the list of threads :/

This forum has become a bit "lumpy" to load, same at home as at work, both using Win7 and later versions of Explorer, in fact this trait is not in keeping with a forum you would normally give a second look at - still issues to iron out or not fully tested before changing?

Reactions: RobbieWebs
Mine is a bit waitey to load on tapatalk.
Prefer the layout tho, cheers for the hardwork guys

Since the upgrade it's dig slow to load pages - not as fast as the old one by any stretch. Layout is fine for me, no issues. But the speed is horrific. At work, mobile and home...

Any ideas as to why i cant get the site to work on my htc one? Old site used to work fine but can't access anything since it has been changed over. Also the app wont work on it either.

I like the change and have tweaked my preferences to the way I like it. However, the one thing I dont like is having to mark the forum read manually. The old one used to do this automagically. Is there a way to mark the forums read automatically?