What's the little light on the door mirror?

snakehips

Reaction score
Hi All,
Still on my voyage of discovery but I have found something the manual doesn't cover. When I was driving earlier I noticed the little light on the offside mirror (that flashes when indicating) was lit up white, but the nearside one was off. Later I noticed it was off too. I have heated folding mirrors but that's all. Any idea what it's telling me?

Try putting your hazards on and see what happens!

Seen this before it looks like the light is on but is actually see through, it alarms you that the indicator is on hence the orange glow. I did think it was to do with auto lights coming on also if this helps.

Last edited:
Trouble is, it was on for a while and then not. Hard to take a pic of it when actually driving but I'll see if I can spot a pattern for it coming on. My wife noticed it too so I'm not crazy. A constant white light. Didn't have lights on or set to auto, not indicating either. Weird.

I haven't noticed the white light part of it. Could it just be incidental light from other headlights/sunlight shining through the wing mirror indicator repeater?

John.

Reactions: Richyboyp
I haven't noticed the white light part of it. Could it just be incidental light from other headlights/sunlight shining through the wing mirror indicator repeater?

John.

Beginning to think it could have been, though we both were sure it was a real light at the time.

Beginning to think it could have been, though we both were sure it was a real light at the time.

yea what you noticed is just sunlight or some other light hitting the lens and simply reflected through the lens medium.

There is only a single orange led bulb in the mirror turn signals, it was developed very cleverly using optics to channel the light through different paths to make it appear as though it has several bulbs when it illuminates.

I know all of this because i had to replace mine after my side mirror got clipped.

yea what you noticed is just sunlight or some other light hitting the lens and simply reflected through the lens medium.

There is only a single orange led bulb in the mirror turn signals, it was developed very cleverly using optics to channel the light through different paths to make it appear as though it has several bulbs when it illuminates.

I know all of this because i had to replace mine after my side mirror got clipped.

The ETKA parts catalogue only shows the single bulb in the mirror.