What's the difference between the (8L & 8P Chassis) ???

tigerhonaker

Reaction score
I'm totally lost on what the below actually means ???
I have had a lot of Audis over the years but have not a clue what the below means really.
I just placed an order for the 2019 Audi RS3 (See New Member Introduction) and would really appreciate knowing where to read about the RS3 ???
Especially what area to go to on this site ???

Thanks guys for the assistance. :thumbs up:

A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)

A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)

Terry

On a new rs3 you’ll be on the 8v chassis
Basically, mk1, mk2, and mk3
I just now once again looked at the RS3 Classifications and don't really see what your saying.
Maybe you or someone could simply Copy & Paste the (Appropriate) Areas in the list ???
I have been a member over on Audi World for years.
They do the RS3 per years of production.
On here to be honest it's very difficult to know where what is on a specific Model and Year of the Model like as an example the 2019 RS3.

See picture below ...........

Terry

Attachments

• Audi World forums picture.jpg
    Audi World forums picture.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 358
The Audiworld forum seems a bit odd, Audi’s port has 3 separate sub forums for the a3

A3 8v is 2013 onwards
A3 8p is 03-12
A3 8l is 02 and older

It does get slightly more complicated with the facelifts on each model too, 2019 is an 8v facelift (mk2)

Okay,

Is the below the correct area ???

RS3 Forum (8V Chassis)

If so ???
I'm finally all set on knowing what area to post on and to check on ???

Thanks for your Help and Assistance buddy. :thumbs up:
I did get the pictures finally posted on the introduction area if your interested.

Terry

Yep that’s the one, I’m extremely jealous of the new car. And no problem
91854.jpg

Well there is more to the ordered 2019 RS3.

I just now got off the phone from the G/M at Nashville Audi and he said basically the following to me.
(Keep in mind guys I worked with this guy at a different dealership years ago so he is not playing games)
Terry when I submitted yourRS3order the system came back with a Delivery Date of September-October2019and actual Build of August2019.
I want to make sure you want to still do it ???
I said yes I'll wait as we happen to have a new VW Golf R as you know sitting in the garage.
He also said when he saw the above dates he then did a Nationwide search to see if another Audi Dealer had a better delivery date on a NON-Sold unit and the answer was no.
If there had been a dealer with a Non-Sold 2019 RS3 with a faster-delivery-date he was going to dealer-trade for it and change that order to my specifications.
He said there are like 297 units Nation-Wide in the System and (All) have the same dates as above.
That's Sold units as well as Stock units.

Terry

I wouldn’t be able to deal with the wait, good luck

Well it's not that I love the wait but it is what it is and everyone is going to be in the exact same position I am if ordering the 2019 RS3.
In my case if it ends up being like September-October for actual delivery I'm probably going to switch my order to a 2020 RS3.
It is confirmed there is going to be 2020 RS3 built so ..............

Terry

Yeah 02 was when the bam (225 version) engine code came out 8l is /99 - 2003