whats size are the hex/allen bolts holding cailper on need to go buy one as changing pads

fullpower

Reaction score
whats size are the hex/allen bolts holding cailper on need to go buy one as changing pads ?

didnt think of that , gonna get 1 anyway just so ive got it . cheers

You can always just unbolt the carrier from the upright instead!

Those bolts can be Veeeeeeery tight - - did mine recently, and even with a nice long breaker bar the driver's side was a pig. No chance of shifting it with an ordinary ratchet wrench. The passenger side was easier - it'd been off earlier in the year for a bearing change.

If your doing disks they have to come out anyway, so its usually easier just pulling those two, than doing all four,

A short bar over the end of a 1/2" ratchet usually does it. Sounds like some previous monkey overtightened it.

If your doing disks they have to come out anyway, so its usually easier just pulling those two, than doing all four,

A short bar over the end of a 1/2" ratchet usually does it. Sounds like some previous monkey overtightened it.
Yep - in my case, the discs were done 3 years ago - and as mentioned, it was well on!

All done, bought a 7mm hex socket was doing the disc as well so had to take carrier off anyway but the pads would not come out without undoing hex bolts maybe i was being stupid but its all done anyway.
and every thing was done just using a half inch ratchet:rockwoot:(breaker bar didnt fit)