WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE WITH THE ORIGINAL AUDI RS3

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
The horns! I hate the bl**dy miniscule duo-tone horns.

When I see someone on a mobile phone I want to give 'em 150 dB of Alpine-ish yodelling from a set of LOUD oscillating triple-air horns, tsk!

These original AUDI RS3 duo-tone horns just don't do it for me, they're embarrassing! I just don't want to use 'em.

BUT leave everything else as is; the engine and gearbox, noise and ride, are wonderful; and I've already sorted my own RS3 brakes...

Danke Audi, Danke...

Reactions: T-800, DAYTONA 500 and Paul-RS6
Find a bit of space and install a set of good old Fiamm La Cucaracha's.

Reactions: 45bvtc
compared to most modern cars the horns are loud

the mute button that always increases the volume when ever you press it and takes half a dozen stabs to get it to work drives me fooking nuts

cant stand the twisty heater dials

but worst of all is you no matter what you do the climate control will change fan speed and this makes me want to beat it to death, apparently the 8P is the last audi where manual was not actually manual

oh and the comedy understeer lol

I've never noticed that. Am I driving responsibly?
Must be unless it under steers at 30 mph...

Reactions: RS3copilot, HullRs3 and 45bvtc
Only think is the Non-UK Friendly 6-Digit Postcode SatNav should be a 7-Digit UK Compliant version like on the new A3. The replacement upgrade is just too ridiculous to pay through the nose when the money is better spent on other refinements.

Well seeing as you asked....the amount of doors it has! Still...good for the school run eh :moa:

Reactions: 45bvtc and grchmason
The horns! I hate the bl**dy miniscule duo-tone horns.

When I see someone on a mobile phone I want to give 'em 150 dB of Alpine-ish yodelling from a set of LOUD oscillating triple-air horns, tsk!

These original AUDI RS3 duo-tone horns just don't do it for me, they're embarrassing! I just don't want to use 'em
My dad has a klaxon from a shunting engine which used to be on my mum's fiesta. I'll never forget being cut up by someone on a roundabout in that car - the driver of the other car literally jumped in their seat when the horn went off. :)

I keep thinking about asking to fit it to my car as currently it is on a shelf in his garage...

My niggles: the 5-character satnav and too many creaks from the centre tunnel.

Reactions: HullRs3 and 45bvtc