Whats my S4 Worth?

Just Plain Old

Reaction score
OK I know I'm lining myself up for a good kicking, but I've just got to get to a 'true' figure.........

So. Opinions please.

S4 4.2 Reg June 2003
82,000 Miles
AMD stage 3
RS6 Front discs and calipers
Recently refurbed wheels
New clutch and flywheel
Good condition (when cleaned)

Plus loads of other bits done at APS in Brackley, I'm sure Ed can reel off list if interested.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Yes I will sell it.

Any pictures?

Saw a similar age/mileage S4 in Nogaro Blue for £10,000 last month!

Best to look on Autotrader and pistonheads, to get a true indication. The current market prices are a bit unkind to cars at present. Many traders would not bid unless the car was silly cheap.

Autotrader is generally cheaper as many ads are from traders who wish to get rid of p/ex.

It may be better to remove the RS6 Front discs, calipers and refit the standard, as they will not add much to the value.

Nice looking motor, 411bhp too!

I would be interested in a few months time, if it was still available. Your best bet is to stick it up on AutoTrader and hope you find a buyer, you're bound to as the site gets so much traffic.

Nice looking motor, 411bhp too!

I would be interested in a few months time, if it was still available. Your best bet is to stick it up on AutoTrader and hope you find a buyer, you're bound to as the site gets so much traffic.

Small deposit and I'll keep it for you? Just need to work out what it's worth. Looking at the glasses guides etc on web, it varies between £12,000 to £22,000 for my mileage.........?? That was without any mods, hence this tread....

Is the car still available?? i may be interested. How much was the stage 3 conversion?? fancy a part ex with an s3?? cheers... can you pm me with more details??

£22k - erm NO ! S4 values are the lowest I've seen them EVER. Poor MPG, high tax and insurance aren't helping.

I think private sale is probably the only way to go as trader's aren't taking in anything like that at the moment.

You might have to try and offer the buyer a deal on a warranty to help sell it

£22k - erm NO ! S4 values are the lowest I've seen them EVER. Poor MPG, high tax and insurance aren't helping.

I think private sale is probably the only way to go as trader's aren't taking in anything like that at the moment.

You might have to try and offer the buyer a deal on a warranty to help sell it

I agree. Looking more like £12k for a B6. £22k will probably land you a 2006 B7 from a main dealer. Mine is the same spec with lower miles and I would be happy if I got 12K in the current market. BTW I am not selling before anyone asks.

I agree. Looking more like £12k for a B6. £22k will probably land you a 2006 B7 from a main dealer. Mine is the same spec with lower miles and I would be happy if I got 12K in the current market. BTW I am not selling before anyone asks.

You may well be right. Does yours have one of the original dealer fitted AMD Stage 3 conversions too?? They seem pretty rare.........

What do you think to the RS6 Brakes compared to standard?

Right, finally settled on a price.

After a bit of research, looks like £14,000 is the right asking price, what do you reckon......?

Also put it on pistonheads, thanks.

Seems optimistic. There's no harm in trying, but I wouldn't hold my breath especially not on PistonHeads. AutoTrader is your best bet.

Ive seen some motors on Trader and ebay been reduced stacks because they cant shift them, damn Credit Punch, some right bargains going about....Right time to buy, wrong time to sell if you get what im saying!!!

I Guess you are all right, and as I said earlier, things are only worth what someone is prepared to pay......... And yes, the current recession ain't gonna help...!!

If the car is available in the new year I would be very interested as I'm looking at getting an M3, but would rather have an S4 as the image of the M3 is a bit iffy.

thats not what clarkson would have you believe, he reckons all the ***** that owned M3's now own Audis

If the car is available in the new year I would be very interested as I'm looking at getting an M3, but would rather have an S4 as the image of the M3 is a bit iffy.

Judging by the comments so far, it looks likely that it will be........!:laugh:

And on this issue I think Clarkson is wrong A4.