Whats my S3 Worth these days??

DamoS3Q

Reaction score
Dolphin Grey, 53 plate, 22,000 miles. Mint cond, FASH, 18" RS, Chrome Mirrors, 6 CD changer, climate control, usaul etxras..

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

I paid £20k indipendent dealer Oct 2003 car and had 498 mile on the clock this was december 18th 2004.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

Trade prices are as follows £17350 clean, £16350 Average, £15350 below, and retail will be £19850.

However as a garage we would look to buy that in at 16-16500 and sell it at £17500 - £18000.

Hope this helps without upsetting you too much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif

£1500 for a car is fair enough if it needs money spent on it to get it upto standard but many garages just want £1500 for nothing. Remember he still has a facory warranty and his car has £4k worth of extras which make a difference on the parkers site! The £1500 is more like £3000 by the time you bump him £1500 off his trade-in and add £1500 to the car he's buying.

We would not be able to sell the car for the full retail price as noted by cap. That is why we have a Ferrari 360 Spyder at £100k which is almost the scrap value.

I understand what you are saying but the car he is buying will need work or has had work, so there will be £1500 in that one to play with. (in theory). We currntly have 3 cars for sale at a price lower than we paid for them.

The problem is that the consumer has it drummed into them that we are al theives, which isn't strictly true. For example we had a chinese gent in who made us an offer on a car and we would not accept it at first, but we wnded up meeting him half way. Fine you think, good on him. Well he runs a chinese restaurant (and very good it is too) and we went out and too a few of our customers with us. When we got the bill, we made him an offer lower than the price of the bill. He threatened to call the police.

Tell me where is the difference. If hee buys his noodles cheaply one week he makes a bigger profit. Do you ask to see how much the noodles were. I doubt it.

If it is so easy to make money selling cars, why isn't everyone doing it.

I get you and think there are obviously some traders who are fair. Its just the bad ones who get everyone a bad name. I have to make 1 point however. If i buy a jumper from marks and spencer and it develops a fault, i take it back and get a like replacement. If i buy a car and it develops a fault can i have it replaced - could i /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif. So where indeed, is the difference?

You can with a new car, but not with a used car. That is what a warranty is for. We have taken cars back though sometimes, however generally our cars are prepared to a high standard, we would always fix a problem. We want repeat customers. You don't get that by messing people about.

Probably will from a dealer, but the point I was making is that as an independant, we could not work on those figures.

Based on the valuation you have we would be able to put the car up for £19995.

Hi Bigmoose,
Thats fine as if I was buying from you then the car I would be buying would also be lower than a main dealer :), it the cost to change which is important.
On that note got any M3's in stock???
I am looking for a change :)

Convertible at the moment.

Not wanting to advertise (I don't work on commission) here is our website

Compass

(If this causes offence to anyone, please feel free to remove it)