What's my car worth ?

Amchlolor

Reaction score
March '05 Sportback 2.0tdi S-Line DSG.
Metallic paint,Bose,Centre Armrest.
About 31000 miles(ish.

A mate wants to buy it.
Yet to get a settlement figure from the finance company.
Just wondering what you lot reckon it's worth,see if they're being realistic or not.

He could,of course,take his pick from umpteen on Autotrader,but he knows the history of mine.
I'd have thought that would put him off,but evidently not !
To be fair,it's settled down lately.
Even the oil consumption seems to have died down a bit.

He wouldn't need an HPI on mine though,he knows it's straight.

It was around £24K new,give or take OTR charges etc.
So a healthy 50% retainment of it's value should take it down to £12K.
It's not quite three years old though,and has only done 31K miles.
So add on a bit for that.
Say £13K ??

Jesus,who in the hell would pay £18K from a garage for my car ?
You could probably negotiate a spanking one for a couple of grand more.
Oh well,we'll wait and see what he finance company say !
I'll let you know.
I remember the last finance company wanted a hopelessly unrealistic settlement for my A4,but it's a different finance company this time.
FWIW,they were looking for £13K for my A4,when the market had plenty around the £10K to £11K mark.

Surely their settlement figure would be the total amount borrowed less how much you've already repaid, plus future interest and/or penalty for ending the agreement early? I.E. would have nothing to do with actual market value of the car?

magnus911 said:
Surely their settlement figure would be the total amount borrowed less how much you've already repaid, plus future interest and/or penalty for ending the agreement early? I.E. would have nothing to do with actual market value of the car?

God knows how they work it out,to be honest.
Most of the time though,their 'opt to purchase' figures are very favourable.
We often offer cars to staff because of this.
If they want them,the MD just asks for the final figure (no extra)
If they don't want them,they just go back to the leasing company.

I had mine valued as a trade in at 16k
05 march sline but the 2.0T (dsg) not the diesel, i think i got it for 25k new.

Its in immaculate condition.

Audi said theyd trade it in at 16k and subaru garage offered me the same, hope that helps, i dont think 13-14k for yours is unreasonable if its in good condition. Bare in mind that privately you should hope to get more than part ex.

Steve

Ach,sod that.
If the leasing company want anything near £16K,they can just take it back and try and get that themselves.
I don't care what any book says,it's not worth anywhere near £16k of anyone's money.
That means it would only have depreciated by 35% in 30 months.
That's just silly.

Well I can't guess a value for your but for context I have a 56 plate 140 TDi I was considering getting a Golf GTi or GTi30 best price I could get for mine at 6 months old with 12k was 16,800. I would suggest yours around 12 - 13 k.

It depends on your lease, some companys work out if the car owes them anything in terms of service cost. I had the same issue wih one of our ex fleet cars, it was a Focus diesel, good condition etc the price gyuide estimated it at £4000-4500 as a trade in, the lease company wanted almost retail for it £5800 ... I sent it to auction, hopefully it lost money ! 13k seems very cheap for yours, i'd have thought £14500 - 15000 would be about right.

Well they've finally got back to me.
They want £16100.00
Jokers.

i got offered 11300 for my 04 TDI sport (with 4k of options new) when it was 2.5 years old. 3 months later sold it for 15,600 - i will never ever part-ex a car.

£16100 is just such a ludicrous price to put on my car.
Apart from the fact it just isn't worth that,full stop,it means they reckon it's only depreciated by around 30% in 2.5 years.
Yeah,right.
Mentalists.

so your complaining that your car hasn't depreciated enough? would you be the same if it was a personal car not a lease car?

I don't mean to be rude or anything but I don't really understand your logic

The point is that the lease company is overvaluing the car.
If it was a personal car, it wouldn't sell for £16k

Well Audi in Septemeber offered £14k Part Ex on my '54 Sportback 2.0TDi Sport Manual about 20k on the clock.

Just for info.

When I bought my S3 they offered me £8450 to part-ex my '53 A3 2.0FSI with 59K on the clock, so I'm going to sell privately instead.

SamDude said:
The point is that the lease company is overvaluing the car.
If it was a personal car, it wouldn't sell for £16k

Exactly.

HANG ON !!!

This is a settlement figure for the finance outstanding on it isn't it ? If there is £16K left to pay then thats what the settlement figure is. It's nothing to do with the value of the car... it's to do with what is outstanding to the loan company. It would be like me going to the bank after a housing crash saying "I want to settle my £230K outstanding mortgage, but only want to pay you £180K because thats what the market values it at".

I've no idea how the wrk it out Auroan.
All I know is that sometimes their figures are fair,sometimes their figures are waaaay off,I say waaaaaaaaaay off.
Never mind,they've made a rod for their own back now.
They had the chance to get rid easily,now they have the hassle of getting rid themselves.

I don't know how anybody works out trade-in figures.

I dropped about £6350 with my Sportback, mint, very low mileage and around 16 months old. My quote against an S3 for my current, newer, higher spec, very low mileage A3 drops around £8200 - in less than a year!!!

So unfortunately, leaving £14,000 to change makes it a big no no :faint: