What's my car really worth?

naughts4187

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm thinking about chopping the S3 earlier than expected. I've had a couple of trade in valuations, both coming back at £27500.

My car is as follows:

July 2015 15 plate
1800 miles.
S tronic,
Sepang blue,
lunar silver leather,
pan roof,
b&o,
tech pack with Audi connect,
black styling pack,
10 spoke alloys silver,
red calipers,
LED headlights,
hill hold assist,
piano inlays. Wheels have been off since 300 miles as I've had my 19's on. Immaculate wheels, paint and leather - just given seats 2nd Nanolex seal.
4 year warranty with Audi.

List price of this car was £41k, I paid £36k - it's still dropped a fair bit in 6 months but that's expected.

What does everyone think it's worth?

Do I risk trying to sell it myself for a month or just take a decent PX value?

Cheers
Matt

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454242695519442

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454242751608266

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454242778175378

My gut instinct without any research whatsoever is that sounds a bit low, particularly bearing in mind the mileage.

I would have thought £30k was nearer the mark?

Reactions: naughts4187
............btw Matt, are you still on track for the mustang?

What are you trading the car in for?

My April 14 S3 with 18k miles is getting a trade in valuation of £22k.

It was £34k new.

mate, I have access to CAP - pm me yr reg no and I can tell you exactly what it books at.

TBH, £27500 sounds about right. I have a 2015(15) Sportback manual done 3000 mls with comfort, Audi Sound, privacy, red calipers.
Mine books at £25000.

Trading in for another Audi??? Your going to get the best deal,selling privately second best,but very difficult to do though,car buying sites worse case scenario
Your car won't be worth much less,this time next year best keep it til then

My gut instinct without any research whatsoever is that sounds a bit low, particularly bearing in mind the mileage.

I would have thought £30k was nearer the mark?

I think a fair price is £29.5k/£30k too. Just need to move it before end of Feb I feel.

Reactions: Simon L
Being at £29-30k will bring you close to what you can buy brand new.Audi are doing such good deals at the moment it would be difficult to pitch your car against a new one..

Being at £29-30k will bring you close to what you can buy brand new.Audi are doing such good deals at the moment it would be difficult to pitch your car against a new one..

Keep up mate, since when did Audi make mustangs??!! lol

b6488ee3.gif

Reactions: naughts4187 and pburv
Trading in for another Audi??? Your going to get the best deal,selling privately second best,but very difficult to do though,car buying sites worse case scenario
Your car won't be worth much less,this time next year best keep it til then

I've got my eye on an E92 M3 competition pack. ( prepares for barrage of badge abuse )

Reactions: Simon L, Jassyo06 and veeeight
Keep up mate, since when did Audi make mustangs??!! lol

b6488ee3.gif
HaHa. What I meant was getting the best price for his car against Audi's list prices...
stassi-is-always-right.gif

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-31_13-29-22.jpeg
    upload_2016-1-31_13-29-22.jpeg
    6.4 KB · Views: 275
Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
Yeah mate l agree,on a fairly specced S3,but the spec and mileage on naughts car, Audi are selling them for around £36k

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
I've got my eye on an E92 M3 competition pack. ( prepares for barrage of badge abuse )

........hands down the nicest Beemer ever made........................and we'll leave it there!! lol

................now beat me senseless with birch twigs for my heresy :whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06
Does cap allow you to add the options or is it base price only?

My 15 plate 3 door came in at £24200 with Audi (7000 miles) I paid £28500, so down £4300 in 10 months. The OP is down £8500 in 6!!! personally I feel a lot of options = own the car for a very long time.

PS: Their finance guy told me that they look to put £2-3k on every car they buy in!

Reactions: DrEskimo
My boy priced my car at just over £31k last month on a deal,naughts car should be worth maybe £1200 more?

Reactions: Simon L
My boy priced my car at just over £31k last month on a deal,naughts car should be worth maybe £1200 more?

Absolutely mate, Audi would easy put that on the forecourt around £34-35k .................

Does cap allow you to add the options or is it base price only?

My 15 plate 3 door came in at £24200 with Audi (7000 miles) I paid £28500, so down £4300 in 10 months. The OP is down £8500 in 6!!! personally I feel a lot of options = own the car for a very long time.

PS: Their finance guy told me that they look to put £2-3k on every car they buy in!

Yes mate. I just got a GAP price for the OP and with all the extras added, it comes in at exactly what he has been offered. Bottom line is extras add very little to the trade in price. A dealer will often give a bit more for the extras as it makes the car more saleable.
Dont get carried away at used prices on Audi approved. I bought my S3 new for less than a similar specced year old car at the time. I also got above top book on my trade in and the Audi Dealer still made a decent profit!
Try looking at cars outside of the Audi approved network....they will generally give you a better idea of the cars retail value.

Mate, if you were offered £31k for yours, they must have been making some markup on the car you were buying? Otherwise, rip his arm off because there is not a 15 plate S3 in Britain that trades anywhere near £31k.
Best Ive seen is a 4000 mile (15) in Grey that had EVERY option ticked and it traded in at £29k and that was 2 months ago, so if your guy is offering £31k, rip his arms and legs off!!

Reactions: S32B
Dont get carried away at used prices on Audi approved. I bought my S3 new for less than a similar specced year old car at the time.
I know what you're saying, when he gave me the price for mine (which I thought was low) they had a used S3 the same spec as mine on their forecourt for more than I paid for mine new. I did point that out to him! :)

Problem is that you are probably selling at the worst possible point for depreciation. It won't be worth a lot less than that in a year or so.

Reactions: A3_Rider and S32B
Yes mate. I just got a GAP price for the OP and with all the extras added, it comes in at exactly what he has been offered. Bottom line is extras add very little to the trade in price. A dealer will often give a bit more for the extras as it makes the car more saleable.
Dont get carried away at used prices on Audi approved. I bought my S3 new for less than a similar specced year old car at the time. I also got above top book on my trade in and the Audi Dealer still made a decent profit!
Try looking at cars outside of the Audi approved network....they will generally give you a better idea of the cars retail value.

Mate, if you were offered £31k for yours, they must have been making some markup on the car you were buying? Otherwise, rip his arm off because there is not a 15 plate S3 in Britain that trades anywhere near £31k.
Best Ive seen is a 4000 mile (15) in Grey that had EVERY option ticked and it traded in at £29k and that was 2 months ago, so if your guy is offering £31k, rip his arms and legs off!!

Totally agree with you on the audi approved prices. I was offered the S3 saloon we test drove for 38k with ****** all options and 9k on the clock and paid less for new with far better spec.

But that means they'd probably make about 7k on naughts's car........that seems ****** excessive??!! :scared2:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and naughts4187

Yeah it was on a £50k RS3....well £49,435 to be precise,but am not prepared to pay almost £500 a month for a car that's going to be face lifted soon,l don't get carried away with Audi site prices,dont think anyone would but it still gives you a guidline to an extent,getting a valuation and a deal are 2 different things and my son wouldnt rip me off on the mark up on the other car....Its not what you know its who ye know

Reactions: Pulp84
Problem is that you are probably selling at the worst possible point for depreciation. It won't be worth a lot less than that in a year or so.
Yeah, I was told 2 years is a good point to look at switching!

Getting a valuation and a deal are 2 different things and my son wouldnt rip me off on the mark up on the other car....Its not what you know its who ye know

Ha! If its through your son, Probably best you dont rip his arms and legs off then!! ;)

Yeah it was on a £50k RS3....well £49,435 to be precise,but am not prepared to pay almost £500 a month for a car that's going to be face lifted soon,l don't get carried away with Audi site prices,dont think anyone would but it still gives you a guidline to an extent,getting a valuation and a deal are 2 different things and my son wouldnt rip me off on the mark up on the other car....Its not what you know its who ye know

Facelift RS3 soon how soon is soon?

Within the year like the rest of the range...its no different sorry to say
The didn't launch the RS3 with the rest of the range so why would the facelift it with the rest of the range.

Reactions: Eigdoog
The didn't launch the RS3 with the rest of the range so why would the facelift it with the rest of the range.

Eh...??180....Why would'nt they...Why have the Top of the Range sticking with the slightly older look and the rest of the range with the newer look...its got to be across the board,the factory has got to tool up for all the same body panels wether it be a A3/S3/RS3

Looks like I've opened a can of worms!! Sorry folks! Haha

A dealer will try to have £4K in the car. As its their risk if it doesn't sell quickly. I reckon my car would go up at £31k on a forecourt.

Eh...??180....Why would'nt they...Why have the Top of the Range sticking with the slightly older look and the rest of the range with the newer look...its got to be across the board,the factory has got to tool up for all the same body panels wether it be a A3/S3/RS3
What I meant was they probably won't do the facelift at exactly the same time as the rest of the range ,same as they dint launch the RS3 at the same time as the rest of the range .

Are you on PCP? Can it ever be financially viable to chop in 6/7 months after purchase? I thought it's always best to wait 2 years or so?

Are you on PCP? Can it ever be financially viable to chop in 6/7 months after purchase? I thought it's always best to wait 2 years or so?

Does it not depend on the length of your term....? (That sounds like a euphemism....)

My deal is only 24mnth so would imagine I will at least break even around 18mnths given my higher GFV.

Reactions: Vins and Jassyo06
My ford was booked at £14800, l got ££16000 cash not private sale
Adamant £29/£30k is the figure to get, chalk n cheese black n white as they say

But we are talking about trade in figures......

Admittedly, the car must be worth £30k to a private buyer with all those extras.

Problem is, there are very few private buyers for £30k cars.

I would say, in the example I posted, the dealer gave around £27500 for that car. Hes listed it at £30800 and will let it go for £30000.

This is more appealing to a private buyer as they can maybe trade in, use finance, etc.....

Reactions: Eigdoog
But we are talking about trade in figures......

Admittedly, the car must be worth £30k to a private buyer with all those extras.

Problem is, there are very few private buyers for £30k cars.

I would say, in the example I posted, the dealer gave around £27500 for that car. Hes listed it at £30800 and will let it go for £30000.

This is more appealing to a private buyer as they can maybe trade in, use finance, etc.....
Private isn't even in this equation here, let's say
We shall agree to disagree,doubt naughts will let it go in all seriousness for that silly amount of dosh

Reactions: Kugaman1