Whats it worth

nally

MPG the new BPH
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Still looking for my new car 5 door tdi sline. (quattro)

but i am not sure how much i can sell mine privatly for i have used parkers but i am not 100% if its correct i was offered 8.4k part x on an 11k car 6 weeks ago and i seem to be getting offered around 7 k now from diffrent car dealers ( although there cars dont seem to be coming down???)

any way

my car is 2.0 tdi sport
2006 46k exactly
FSH ( most recent three weeks ago)
sline front end conversion ( have rear just not put on yet)
lava grey with 2008 17 sport wheels

lastly if i do sell my car what will happen to my insurance ? will i able to take a break. and restart when new car is purchased ( its fully paid for)

any help would be awsome

cheers nally

should have got one to begin with just pre fer the look of them i dont evan need a 5 door

stop rubbing it in ...

:bye:

Any idears on price i can sell it for ?

I think the SB looks good and compared to the 3 door they are usually far better spec'd !! Hell of a lot of cooking model 3 doors about but people who spend the extra on a SB seem more inclined to buy all the toys as well. Personally i would have a SB if i wasn't 6ft 4" but i prefer the larger doors on the 3 door. PLUSS, thank god i am single again now :) and dont need more than 1 seat :)

Wow! That's saying Alot! Tbf, Alot of 3 door members say the same thing to me also "After looking at yours N8 wish I had a SB" :laugh: :wub:

Truthfully I would agree I love my 3 door but there are a few on here that look awesome and if it was yours on the table Nath I'd be biting your hand off. When it comes to Stock however I do prefer the 3door.

Nally- I think that price is a bit low. You selling privately? Should get a much better deal just have to hold out for it and forget the time wasters

stop rubbing it in ...

:bye:

Any idears on price i can sell it for ?

Price will depend largely on what you are buying ie: you might get 8k against a 20k car but you will not get 8k against a 10k car if you see what i mean. Haggle and Haggle, get them to chuck in GAP and extended warranty or a AutoGlym life shine, mats, anything !!! Keep your old tax disc...they do :) You would be amazed how many people leave £100 on the windscreen and £50 in the fuel tank then quibble over a couple of 00 on the price tag !!...I took the S3 vents off my car and sold them within 3 hours of px'ing it ..

Insurance wise most companies will charge a cancellation fee of between £50-£100 so it may pay to leave it running rather than cancel and restart..
Took me a year to find what i was looking for so stick with it mate :)) something will turn up

N8 is 10 foot tall , hes taller than me im 6' 5'' myself and have to say i noticed no diference when testing 3 doors :p

Yea but Nat drops down a shoot and in through the sun roof..:)

Truthfully I would agree I love my 3 door but there are a few on here that look awesome and if it was yours on the table Nath I'd be biting your hand off. When it comes to Stock however I do prefer the 3door.

Nally- I think that price is a bit low. You selling privately? Should get a much better deal just have to hold out for it and forget the time wasters

no i was going to trade. if i am not geoing to get much more for private sale. not keen on all sorts knocking on my door. if there about a 7hundred pound diffrenace i may sell privatly.

the thing is with garages no adays cash dosnt talk anymore they all want you to get finance.

I'd say you'd get around 8-8.5 for yours

Im swaying more towards the sportback aswell, but they need to have all the toys!

I'd say you'd get around 8-8.5 for yours

Im swaying more towards the sportback aswell, but they need to have all the toys!

thats what i thought. i would love a panam roof and sat nav

would you say thats for a private sale ?

just spoke to aviava

they will let me take a 28 day break ( insurance is still running) to find a car if i sell mine after that they would refund.
so do i take a look at the quattro tomorrow or market it myself ?

if so adversise at 8.5k?

The first link you put up is a nice car and spec. You do know they aren't the same models though don't you?? The first link is a 170bhp model with Quattro and Exclusive trim which was a £1000 option when new. The second car is a 140bhp and only has half leather and no Quattro. I know the mileage is slightly less but the first car seems a better buy to me.

As for insurance, just keep it running. It's easier...

The first link you put up is a nice car and spec. You do know they aren't the same models though don't you?? The first link is a 170bhp model with Quattro and Exclusive trim which was a £1000 option when new. The second car is a 140bhp and only has half leather and no Quattro. I know the mileage is slightly less but the first car seems a better buy to me.

As for insurance, just keep it running. It's easier...

hi the specs say its a 138 bhp ???????????

5 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Diesel, 50,800 miles, Silver, 2 Owner(s), S-LINE SPEC VERY NICE CAR,Max Power: 138.0 BHP,MPG Extra: 54.3,RFL 12 Months: 165.00,Air Bag Driver,Air Bag Passenger,Air Bag Side,Alarm,Anti-Lock Brakes,Central Door Locking - Remote,Centre Rear Seat Belt,Climate Control,Computer - Driver Information System,Electric Windows - Front,Electronic Stability Programme,Front Fog Lights,Head Restraints - Front/Rear,Immobiliser,Power-Assisted Steering,Seat Height Adj - Driver/Passenger,Seating Capacity - Five Seats,Spare Wheel - Spacesaver,Upholstery Cloth/Leather,AIR CONDITIONING,Alloy Wheels,In Car Entertainment 4WD. 50900 miles,audi concert system,6 spd gearbox. £9,995

yes i did know seccond wasnt quattro i was just putting up a nice example of a sport back.

The question still remains to sell private or not ?

what are you getting mpg scott?

Around 30mpg, but I mainly do short trips. On a run to GTi International in Bruntingthorpe from Bath the other week I got 34mpg over 310 miles. Not bad....

hi the specs say its a 138 bhp ???????????

5 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Diesel, 50,800 miles, Silver, 2 Owner(s), S-LINE SPEC VERY NICE CAR,Max Power: 138.0 BHP,MPG Extra: 54.3,RFL 12 Months: 165.00,Air Bag Driver,Air Bag Passenger,Air Bag Side,Alarm,Anti-Lock Brakes,Central Door Locking - Remote,Centre Rear Seat Belt,Climate Control,Computer - Driver Information System,Electric Windows - Front,Electronic Stability Programme,Front Fog Lights,Head Restraints - Front/Rear,Immobiliser,Power-Assisted Steering,Seat Height Adj - Driver/Passenger,Seating Capacity - Five Seats,Spare Wheel - Spacesaver,Upholstery Cloth/Leather,AIR CONDITIONING,Alloy Wheels,In Car Entertainment 4WD. 50900 miles,audi concert system,6 spd gearbox. £9,995

I put the plate details in my "mycarcheck" app and it comes back as a 170bhp and I thought most diesel Quattro's were the 170bhp...

I wouldnt take a lot of notice of that..I put my S3 in that and it came back as a 2ltr S-Line :)) My old VR6 used to come up as a Red cavalier :0)

yes i did know seccond wasnt quattro i was just putting up a nice example of a sport back.

The question still remains to sell private or not ?
sell private

I put the plate details in my "mycarcheck" app and it comes back as a 170bhp and I thought most diesel Quattro's were the 170bhp...

thats odd .. ahhh but i think some systems say that ( when you get insurance it always asks you to choose if its 140, 170 bhp. evan when you enter the reg plate)

want quattro but wonderng how it will affect mpg my a3 is amasing i was doing just under 70 on the m6 and getting 57mpg. but like you i do a lot of a roads and county lanes.

is it much better in the snow ? and is driving smoother or more clunky ( due to the quattro system clutches)

It's good in the snow but you still have to stop and with ABS cutting in on the snow it's scary!! No clunks at all. You never feel the Haldex system working but it does work quickly and effectively....

any thing to0 look out for on quattros? any extra servcing / costing and upkeep

Quattro does very little to fuel consumption on the 2.0T, but seems to have more of a hit on the TDI. Quattro was available on TDI 140 briefly, but only on TDI 170 since that engine was introduced.

The Haldex unit (which is what quattro is on an A3) needs an oil change every 40k / 5 years. It's usually about £80.

whats the upkeep on the quattros / oiling ect ? and whats the power spilt

whats the upkeep on the quattros / oiling ect ? and whats the power spilt

As Ben H above says on the upkeep. You can't check the oil level or anything as it's sealed.
Power split is a constant transfer as required but it is mainly front wheel drive. Power is sent to the rear when required but it happens very quickly.

Quattro does very little to fuel consumption on the 2.0T, but seems to have more of a hit on the TDI. Quattro was available on TDI 140 briefly, but only on TDI 170 since that engine was introduced.

The Haldex unit (which is what quattro is on an A3) needs an oil change every 40k / 5 years. It's usually about £80.

sorry ben i used my phone to do the next post and missed your reply. thanks for the info

didnt go down today. weather is really bad, should i go for it if i can get it for 2.5k that seems ok to me