What's is like driving around your town/village

Vanessa

Reaction score
I live in a little village in the south if France.

On a typical day my car is nearly involved in at least 3 accidents a day, if I did not treat all the motorists as idiots and expect them to,do the unexpected. I think my car would be totaled.

Yesterday I was sitting at the lights at a little crossroads, when two young lads come hurtling round the corner and nearly hit me head on,as he had taken the bend two wide, missed my car by two inch.

Then as I continued 3 people opened their car doors straight into me without looking.

Then I was passing another car which was parked up and it decided to pull out without looking.

Then I watch the person in front of me tailgate at least 3 cars and overtake two on the inside and nearly forcing them off the road.

that is a typical driving day here.

what is a typical day for you.

Its fraught with danger around here, the women are in burkas so probably struggle to see properly and the young drivers look like they are lying down on the back seat. All are very arrogant, own the road, don't give two ****s about any other road users and if they hit your car will just drive off, as more than likely they have no insurance.

Reactions: DieselJake, s3dave and Ultra Violent
Its fraught with danger around here, the women are in burkas so probably struggle to see properly and the young drivers look like they are lying down on the back seat. All are very arrogant, own the road, don't give two ****s about any other road users and if they hit your car will just drive off, as more than likely they have no insurance.

Driving standard in Solihull are pretty good, but as soon as you cross this invisible border into Birmingham, the above happens! :laugh:

LOL...Good ol' Birmingham :)

Sounds about right to be honest, although I have found Solihull is slowly going that way too.

Driving round here is made even worse,

As you can buy a 50cc car and drive it without a license. So wee have lots of old people with no licenses driving these types of car.

Also those that have been banned for whatever reason, usually drink driving can still drive one.

Unbelievable.

Driving round here is made even worse,

As you can buy a 50cc car and drive it without a license. So wee have lots of old people with no licenses driving these types of car.

View attachment 33689

Also those that have been banned for whatever reason, usually drink driving can still drive one.

Unbelievable.

It's probably more painful to be seen driving in one of those than the actually ban itself! :laugh:

Noice alloys though.

No I don't think so, there is a guy in his fifties in the village, he has one that is about 15yrs old and he has cut the roof off, so he now thinks he has a cabriolet, he has a piece of plastic just in case it rains. He drives round with the music blasting out. The next time I am at the bar, I will take a photo and post it on here.

Reactions: Tuddie
In Plymouth the roads are so full of potholes you can't drive over 20mph. Which is just as well because there are usually either European tourists who have just got off the ferry that are driving on the wrong side of the road, or confused old people that should have had their license removed years ago doing the same thing

Where I am in Birmingham it's pretty much no speed cameras and lots of friendly drivers, but totally understand the first few comments about Birmingham and genrally experiance these careless drivers on Stratford road (which is unfortunatelly the road where the closest Audi dealership to me is on).

Jake, where in Birmingham is this??

well currently 1 of the 2 routes into town is down to one lane as they resurface the bridge (Kessock Bridge North Scotland) so i basically sit at 0.00001mph for half an hour and then on the way home at 0.00002mph cos everyone move just slightly quicker!

Aaah GB, my bro lives over that way Jake, its not too bad, but going through Newtown and Perry Barr can have its hazards too...lol!!

i live down south, its crazed with potholes here and general idiots who dont indicate or even worse indicate wrong on roundabouts. but mostly its the potholes.