What's in your toolkit?

nkdublu

Reaction score
I have started a new thread so that it is easier to follow or search against. The conversation started in the little surprises thread...

Like others I have empty spots in he toolkit -

IMG 2945

The picture is from a TDI Avant.

Attachments

• IMG_2945.JPG
    IMG_2945.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 578
Yours looks pretty much the same as mine except that the high-vis vests weren't in there (under where they are in your picture there is a tool roll in my kit that contains the locating pin for the wheel, the breaker bar for the wheel nuts and a couple of other bits) and top right there is an orange L-shaped handle in mine that, as far as I can tell from the manual, is for spinning the wheel nuts after you've loosened them with the breaker bar. i have the high-vis vests in the door pockets at the moment but might relocate them to the boot as they look to fit nicely in there...

p.s. on a related note, my spare wheel retaining nut was so tight that I needed to get one of those rubber jar openers with an attached handle on it to release it - I'd have been stuffed if I needed it by the side of the road before I'd loosened it!

I believe the empty slots are where the rail load kit would go if you specified that option when you ordered the car.

I raised the empty slots with my dealer. Mine was a stock car that came from another dealership where it also had its PDI. My dealer said that the PDI would have included a check on the contents of the toolkit so that any empty slots are meant to be. Can't really argue with that, but I will post a photo of my toolkit for comparison.

Here's a photo of an A4 Avant boot with the load rail kit filling all the gaps!

7a7a22b0f31f279b19756a5acd93a1c7.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob_F and nkdublu
Stop it guys, next you'll be posting under bonnet photos ;-)

Reactions: Rob_F
Haha, thank you, when I look at those pictures of the under bonnet I am actually seeing the places I will need to work on to keep clean everytime the car gets a wash. All the knooks and crannie's where dirt will collect..

Reactions: duckduck
That expansion tank actually has a 6 pack!
Been working out Bro?

Reactions: PhxViper, nkdublu and Kestrel