What's happened to my radio?!

Westy

Reaction score
I got in my car this morning and the radio was already on with all the lights lit up. The screen was blank and there was no sound coming out. I've tried pressing all the buttons but it doesn't work and my VCDS cant communicate with the radio module!

Anyone got any ideas? I've thought about disconnecting the battery and leaving it for an hour and connect back up to see if it clears the problem.

I have a Symphony 2 double din jobbie.

That doesn't sound good. I don't see dropping the battery doing any harm as the HU is useless as is. I assume you have the code in case this fixes it?

I need to check I have the code before I do disconnect the battery. Just as I'm about to fix one problem I get a new one! 4rings are spending a day on my car on Wednesday so if I dont get anywhere myself this weekend I'll get them to have a look.

I just wanted to add to this that since disconnecting my battery for an hour I now get much better MPG than before? I was getting around 25mpg and now i'm getting around 30mpg!!!

I just wanted to add to this that since disconnecting my battery for an hour I now get much better MPG than before? I was getting around 25mpg and now i'm getting around 30mpg!!!

Thats a good increase, do you use 98 ron all the time?

No sometimes I have to use 97 because the garages near me are rubbish and dont do anything higher. I used to have shell garage down the road but it shutdown a few yeaws back.

I think my MPG has increased because my ecu has gone into learn mode and i've been driving round like my nan!

pull the fuse should sort it out happened to mine a few years ago.

Do you think it would be worthwhile disconnecting my battery to re-set the ecu into learn mode. my mpg has always been shocking, but just fitted a new MAF and spark plugs.

does the battery have to be disconnected for any certain period of time to reset the ecu? and do both terminals need to be disconnected?

I just took the black earth cable off for 30 mins or so and this reset the clock, MPG etc but the stereo retained its settings. however, when i turned it on, the stereo display showed "LEARN" for a cpl of seconds....and ideas?

and, the god dam door locks have gone loopy on me again (making the interior light flash when the doors are closed)