Whats gonna be your next motor after your B5 A4?

albgut1

Reaction score
I just want to know what cars you guys would consider after your B5 A4. I'm going to change car early next year (Feb/March) and so far its the 98-01 A6 1.8T on the table, so would like to know what other people see as good contenders.

Gonna run this one into the ground then consider an S4 next. Either B5 or B6, I'm not fussy!

im hoping to get a b6 a4 tdi in the next month or two... lets c if my plan works!

Either keep this car for a while and keep doing bits and bobs to it till I get finished uni and have worked for a couple of years.

Or sell this car and get a Clio williams (French I know!!) or a VW corrado and have some cash in my pocket as will probably need the cash as am buying a flat in town and will probably only need a cheap small car.

The way its looking now, run my S4 into the ground and buy a B7 3.0 tdi.

Seriously thinking about what to do withthe S4 at the end of its life, perhaps go down the stripped out trackdaycar route...

Either an s4 or an rs4, not sure which chassis

I'm going to wait til the AU481 comes out and buy a 3.0 TDI quattro one.

Keep the one I got now for a year or so, spend loads more money on it, loose loads when i sell it and then do what I should have done in the first place and get a S4

run my TDI into the ground over the next 2-3yrs (35k - 40k should see it happen!) then i think i'll be looking at a quattro, bigger engine. altho i do fancy an A5 and stuff the mpg as being self employed i get 40p a mile for 10k then 25p a mile for anything more! pays for car!

I'm thinking of an A4 B6 Avant, biggest beasty engine with quattro I can afford at the time.

Keep mine for a while as I still want to do loads of things but I would not mind a 2.0T B7 and do a RS4 conversion on it and engine mods.

But for a wish list I would love a B7 RS4 and Supercharge her.

A6 2.4 (can't be doin with a turbo'd car) for her next car, and I am in the process of looking for a decent E34 BMW 530 or 540 V8 for me (go on, have a dig!!!)

I plan to keep my current A4 until the end of its life. If I do decide a change it'll be a cross between A4 2.0T b7 or 2.0T cab.

mac1403 said:
Keep the one I got now for a year or so, spend loads more money on it, loose loads when i sell it and then do what I should have done in the first place and get a S4

:lmfao: Great minds think alike! That's me too...

Only one way to go for me, RS4, one day.........when I'm rich!

the rear legroom in my b5 is p*ss poor i dont know if the B6/B7 has more room in the back? if not dare i say it A6 whichever one it must be a quattro

I switched from a B5 2.8 Quattro to a B6 2.4SE last year. I'll be keeping it for a long while yet, but when it does go, I certainly won't replace it with a B7. Try as I might, I cannot bring myself to like the styling of the B7.

If the finances permit, I'll probably move to an A6, or maybe even an A8.

Looking for an A6 to replace the S4 once it goes.
Driven both but still not sure whether to go for the 2.7twin turbo engine (same as the b5 S4) or the 2.5tdi. Both quattro of course.

John

anything with V8 4.2 quattro , be it S4 ,A/S6, A/S8.

IM SICK OF MY B5 NOW ITS GETTING OLD NOW HENSE MORE PROBLEMS PROLLY GET A LEON CUPRA R OR A B7 A4.

Due to legroom etc, either an S6 or an RS6 (depending on how much the extension costs).

always wanted a lancia intergraly hf turbo but never had the balls to go for it.
think the shape is god damn sex on wheels.
but think about the running costs.

sorry Chris, never heard AU481 handy link though

Dont say sorry mate, no harm done! I made it a bit obtuse deliberately....!

Not sure Trouble is my budget is most likely going to be sub £20K for a used example. It needs to have 320+ BHP and 500+NM torque six gears, four seats, four doors and preferably four wheel drive and be newer than a B5.

Doesn't have to be Audi but almost certainly giving up on 4x4 if it's not.

It's a sacrifice of the above but thinking B6/B7 S4 perhaps Avant.

Could be an RS6 though in a while :D

after my 99 A4 B5 avant TDi i bought my S3 for a little more fun but now i wish i went for S4 avant.
my next car is either S4/RS4 depends how long i keep my S3 for!

See, you know you should have bought an S4 si! Proper car! When it's working properly.........

only had my B5 S4 for a month now. Can't see me changing this for a few years but when I do either RS4 or RS6. New RS4 is so sexy and might be in my price range by 2010 lol.

docurley said:
But for a wish list I would love a B7 RS4 and Supercharge her.

Ditto... unfortunately I just cant bring myself to buy another Audi after being fcuked over several times by Audi UK. I expect it will be an M5/M6 - else a 535d or a similarly rapid diesel.

sitrials said:
after my 99 A4 B5 avant TDi i bought my S3 for a little more fun but now i wish i went for S4 avant.
my next car is either S4/RS4 depends how long i keep my S3 for!

Is it because of the space or something else coz when I test drove a 98' standard A3 the rear leg room was on par with my Avant only the boot space was small for obvious reasons? I am considering the A6 just because of rear leg room not boot space.

the 3.0 quattro tdi sounds like something I'd bee looking for

Decided not to go for a Beemer afterall. I have been moved site at work so have to use my own transport so a 3.0 V8 was no longer feasible and I needed something cheap!

Ended up buying an Alfa 156 1.8 TwinSpark. I know it will break down all the time and its not an Audi, but I like it, and it was cheap! (A little over a grand!)

4fc2_1.JPG

5cb4_1.JPG

69fe_1.JPG

Not my photo's, obviously I'd do a better job! I pick it up next week!