Whats different between the S line and the Sline SE?

unikarl

Reaction score
I've had a bit of a search and I cant figure out what the difference is between the S line and the S line SE. Did they come with more equipment as standard and how do you know if you have one or not?

I think mine is the SE. It has sat nav and 6 cd changer along with pearl mettalic paint and cloth seats.

I think that all 2.0 tdi special edition were 170bhp.
I have one Sline and one Sline SE in my garage now.
Both very well equiped.
Sline SE does have sat nav, sline doesn't
sline does have parking sensors and phone connection, Sline SE doesn't.
Both have black front grills and windows surround so from the outside the only difference are alloys.
S Line will have standard 5 stud alloys, Sline SE will have RS4 style alloys.
Special Edition on B7 does have two tone leather including steering wheel.

Edit.
sline se has got white front indicators, sline has amber ones

Last edited:
Well there are differences which are different for different ages.....if that makes sense lol.

A spec edition will have 2 tone leather, and should have DTM style alloys, but after a certain age I think these became RS4 style alloys instead. As far as I'm aware almost everything else was optional, because not every spec edition has an rns-e or electric seats for example.

I'd say the best way to know if you have one, is by the seats :)

What about these wheels?

audiside.jpg

And dash
audiinterior.jpg

I mine is a SE I will have to inform my insurance.

Mines an S line SE and hasn't got sat nav but does have full leather seats, phone prep/Bluetooth, front and rear parking sensors, auto lights and wipers, auto dimming mirror, MFSW, Bose stereo with factory iPod dock and cruise control. I think there is no real standard for the spec, it depends what the first owner added from the options list.

V2 Special Edition has RS4 metal pedals (not sure if V1's did...), most had 2-tone volterra leather with s-line embossed in the backs, alcantara steering wheel and gearnob, which are a ***** to keep clean, unless you have upgraded leather :)

V1's had DTM alloys, perforated leather steering wheel

both had Cross Drilled ventilated front discs, black exhaust pipes

Should tell you in your handbook what version it is, or stick your reg in confused.com, sure it brings it up whether its S-line SE or just S-Line

Doubt with those wheels and cloth interior yours is an SE though

Everything else was optional, my last one was fairly basic, just had front and rear sensors, black opti pack, bose 6cd changer, whereas the current one has pretty much everything :)

All had 2-tone leather and black optics (incl black roof rails for Avants), as well as RS4 style twin-spoke 18" alloys. Petrols had cross-drilled brake discs and very nice black exhaust trim but diesels (only 170 PD engine) didn't. I ordered one of the very first ones before the brochure was updated and added NavPlus which came with Bose. Shortly after, there was a promotion where they could be added for £500, and fortunately goodwill prevailed and I got a credit. I would have been gutted if I had specced the lower level Nav. I don't know if its a byproduct of this or the bluetooth phone prep, but mine also came with voice recognition.

I chose Phantom black as that works well with the black/grey seats as well as the other plastic bits e.g. sharkfin aerial is non-metallic gloss black and doesn't look odd but may stand out on a non-black car. With privacy glass I think it looks quite stealthy and would have loved to get black exhaust trims and cross-drilled discs like the petrol, but I'm told they aren't the same size.

Misano red was also a special S-line colour but I don't know if that was just for the S-line SE or all S-lines.

wow, just did the check on the options I have(not all are listed below due to space constraints in the sig), and it's £10,820 (!!)worth of options, giving a list price of £36, 815:jump:and that doesn't include the interior light pack (puddle lights, footwell lights, console led's, door handle leds) or mudflaps as not listed on there for some reason..

Mine came to £37,035 apparently, but then all I'm really missing are heated seats, cruise and a sunroof :laugh: bonkers how much these babies were when new, love mine to bits though!

So a fair few differences then... Mines defo not an SE :( but its a well specced S line :)

Sidibear....Have you photoshopped the pic of your car onto your RNS-E?

My car would have only cost £24852 when it was bought but if it had been bought with all the retro fitted bits I've put on it then it would have been £28875! quite a difference.

Right, there are a few spec versions of the Sline SE. All are based on facelift B7s so MY2007 on. The first ones came with (on top of the std sline spec) DTM alloys, Duel tone leather with S-line embose, black exhausts (and if petrol) 321mm cross drilled brakes and 220ps engine.

Later on the spec was changed slightly to include RS4 wheels or DTM (your buyer's choise) and black external trim.

My V1 Sline SE has chrome trim, apart from the exhaust tips.

Everything else was/is an option

Right, there are a few spec versions of the Sline SE. All are based on facelift B7s so MY2007 on. The first ones came with (on top of the std sline spec) DTM alloys, Duel tone leather with S-line embose, black exhausts (and if petrol) 321mm cross drilled brakes and 220ps engine.

Later on the spec was changed slightly to include RS4 wheels or DTM (your buyer's choise) and black external trim.
That rings bells as it only came on my radar when I heard there was a "black" (optics) version. Certainly didn't have any choice of alloys when I ordered mine (delivered Mar 07), and unfortunately diesels didn't have black exhausts - only through use. I was tempted to spray mine with some black "stove paint" but decided against it. Likewise with the factory detachable towbar which I keep permanently fitted. Would look worse if they started to chip!

think all questions been answered but this one when i rang audi Cardiff before with my chassis number they told me that as it was a special edition there was a different spec chasis to standard s-line what the difference is i dont know all he told me was it was onlt the s-line se's and DTM's with this difference basicly he said as only 500 or so DTM's were made audi continued the chassis in the special edition minus the bumpers and carbon im still trying to find out wa the difference is but had to joy as yet will keep trying tho

If anything it's probably just the spring rate mate.

Wouldn't consider an Audi without it; and with a sunroof its not oppresive. Shame its about £250 option on most cars now.

Did anyone say DIS because I've just found the brochure that came out in Q2 2007.

Still finding out about mine ,not had it 2 whole days yet,mine is v1 s-line se 220 quattro avant in garnet red,chrome trim with black tailpipes,5 spoke rims,drilled discs,2 colour leather ,cruise,auto lights,auto wipers,i pod connection,black headlining,storage pack?,Cheers Andy