what you think of these wheels

If you like them, buy them. Personally i don't think they look very nice, maybe they'd be better if you had great big brakes to show off?

18's look better but then tyres will always be more expensive.

I say get 18s. If you get 17s you will allways regret it imo. Paul is right you need big brakes behind those open wheels. IMO those wheels look really chavvy for the A3, either OEM or cross spokes look good on german moters... have a look in the gallery for some ideas. ;)

if you like em buy em
looks like jap cars rims in my eyes

thing is this......18's i think will look nicer yes,but slow the pull away speeds down and i might need arch work , plus need to be carefull with ARB(standard shocks for now) but i want 18's lol.....brakes are on the way-seeing as i sold my VR6 on sunday, ive got the dough to do it...they are jappy looking wheels....i know what you mean by that...im not keen on loads of spokes cos there a pain in the 4rse to clean. I dont want Audi wheels or any VAG's for that matter. And i want my A3 to look induvidual...not like everyone elses...maybe these arent the ones...i think you all have made that clear...LMAO..TBC :readit: hmmm...which catalog next.

dubhyper said:
thing is this......18's i think will look nicer yes,but slow the pull away speeds down. brakes are on the way-seeing as i sold my VR6 on sunday....ive got the dough to do it...they are jappy looking wheels....i know what you mean by that...im not keen on loads of spokes cos there a pain in the 4rse to clean. I dont want Audi wheels or any VAG's for that matter. And i want my A3 to look induvidual...not like everyone elses...maybe these arent the ones...i think you all have made that clear...LMAO..TBC :readit: hmmm...which catalog next.

If you are going big-brakes it's worth bearing in mind that the calipers will be HUGE. Not many wheels will fit over Brembo's etc. So it's worth checking a wheels caliper clearence before you part with any cash.

If your getting a BBK I say go for MTM or Sportecs they are 9 spoke wheels with good clearance. I think oettinger do nice 2 piece 5 spokes.

http://www.oettinger.com/index2_e.htm

If your worried about performance there are some lightweight 18s

im probably gonna buy some diamond black/ black diamond drilled and groved disks...and probably greenstuff pads...but im still looking in to this...just going with what i know about...ive herd brembos cause grief fitting wheels. but i thought spacers would solve that 1. Cheers for that link
silver.....looking now