What you guys make of wind deflectors?

JJ_2018

Reaction score
Saw this car whilst scrolling through social media, what you guys make of the wind deflectors? Thinking about getting some on my white saloon but do they make it look a bit trashy?

Cheers

Attachments

• FC61B3E5-BE47-49FC-AFC6-359947A372B5.jpeg
    FC61B3E5-BE47-49FC-AFC6-359947A372B5.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 5,194
I personally like them.
Had them in my Skoda Fabia (please, no hate! I know it was a Skoda)
and I had them on A4 B7.
Currently have A6 C6 Avant and will have them deflectors fitted soon.

Looks wicked on a white car, imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw this car whilst scrolling through social media, what you guys make of the wind deflectors? Thinking about getting some on my white saloon but do they make it look a bit trashy?

Cheers

Sorry, not for me - don’t see the point, IMO, as (a) messes with the clean lines of the car and therefore looks pants (b) you have air con, right? So why? Aesthetics? (see point a, IMO) - unless you smoke, in which case give up (from an ex-smoker BTW!). Or to save on air-con fuel economy? That doesn’t make sense to me either as you are adding something which will make the car less aerodynamic, and add more wind turbulence/noise, and have a detrimental effect on fuel economy.

In the same bin as mud flaps for me I’m afraid.

Reactions: KenL
If you like them, go for it. I have heard that those deflectors can cause sealing issues with the window in channel weatherstripping and result in whistling etc.

Thanks for all your responses, and as I thought. I have them on my current Toyota 4x4 and love the ability to open my window on the motorway without a barrage of wind and noise. However on this I think I will skip them they do create a whistle and probably aren’t the best aesthetically.

I personally like them.
Had them in my Skoda Fabia (please, no hate! I know it was a Skoda)
and I had them on A4 B7.
Currently have A6 C6 Avant and will have them deflectors fitted soon.

Looks wicked on a white car, imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Had a Skoda Fabia vRS.....so far THE best car I’ve ever owned, and will probably get another Skoda for my next car.

Anyway, back on topic.

Reactions: KrisKrk and Fatbloke
Posted recently about this.....wind noise any speed over 40mph binned them after a week.

Reactions: JJ_2018
Seems like the kind of mod you do when you’ve still got the bug but have done everything else and have run out of ideas.

Reactions: JJ_2018