What would be a nice Drop?

andrecc

Reaction score
im basically thinking of lowering my S3, with some Coilover's but i dont know what MM would be suitable.

if you guys could show me a picture and tell me the drop of your current S3's that would be great advice.

Ive got £300 to spend what would you spend if it was your car,

current options,

loweing it.
fixing scratches and dents on paintwork.
induction kit (etc)
silicone hoses...

any advice/recommendation welcomed.

also ive got a EGT sensor fault would that affect the turbo since it doesnt feel as strong as it used to be. (already brought a EGT sensor to be fitted asap)

Thanks,

also ive got a EGT sensor fault would that affect the turbo since it doesnt feel as strong as it used to be. (already brought a EGT sensor to be fitted asap)

Thanks,

Yes... faulty EGT sensor will make the ECU go into protection maps and run lots (very rich) of fuel... I expect your MPG has dropped and the engine will not feel as peppy as before as all the energy from the exhaust is being taken out with the rich mixture... get it swapped as soon as you can..

<tuffty/>

drop depends on where you live and how much you drive i suppose. I live in the sticks so could only drop mine 25mm, but still looks good, any lower and i would seriously struggle

heres how mine sits on 18's
iphone220411323.jpg

if clearance wasnt a problem id probably look at 40mm

Yes... faulty EGT sensor will make the ECU go into protection maps and run lots (very rich) of fuel... I expect your MPG has dropped and the engine will not feel as peppy as before as all the energy from the exhaust is being taken out with the rich mixture... get it swapped as soon as you can..

<tuffty/>

yes ive noticed MPG has dropped alot and ive been driving with this fault for a while now until i got my mate to scan it since he changed my sidelights and numberplate lights, ordered one few days ago came today, getting mechanic to fit it on friday, when service is due.

i live in central london. speed humps i cant avoid but i know i will go slow on humps below 5mph. im just thinking how would it sit atm, i naturally go slow over humps everyone trys to overtake me over a speedhump nerf.

Here is mine on Billy B8's and 30mm Apex springs... OEM 18" RSTTs
20110521_IMAG0004.jpg

<tuffty/>