what wheels are you running?

I'm looking to have this setup 8.5x19 ET45...do u have any pics of looking along the side of the car and looking down on the arches to see if the tyres poke out?
Hi mate,
Mine is also lowered on H&R springs -20mm and no issues at all, there's plenty room ......

Reactions: tuningman73, AL_B, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Thanks for the reply looks good..what tyre size are you running? 225/3519 or 235/35/19

Cheers Craig.

My next wheels ...

Attachments

• 20160112_201800.jpg
    20160112_201800.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 948
Just took the plunge today and ordered 8.5x19 ET47 OZ Leggera HLT in Gloss Black with Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 3's

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,014
Reactions: St53daw
They look nice look forward to seeing them on ur car...

Reactions: Craigyboy76
Cheers is was them or the BBS ci-r or Neuspeed RSe102

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    250.3 KB · Views: 893
  • image.png
    image.png
    305.9 KB · Views: 936
Reactions: albu
little bit off topic...

why are there some S3 with different front bumpers? US version vs European version?

As example Simon L has one type of front bumper and a J6YAK has the "normal" bumper.

little bit off topic...

why are there some S3 with different front bumpers? US version vs European version?

As example Simon L has one type of front bumper and a J6YAK has the "normal" bumper.

Simons car is a saloon and J6YAK has a Sportback.

ISPIRI ISR6 Arnt to shabby either . :)

Attachments

• 20160105_154607.jpg
    20160105_154607.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1,227
Reactions: tuningman73 and Rob2k68
Had Rota Grids for a while, but thought they looked a bit too out of place on a fairly subtle car, so have gone for something a little more OEM looking...
MtMH9Lq.jpg

Reactions: S3_RYAN, Q5 TRS, glasgowdubber and 2 others
Had Rota Grids for a while, but thought they looked a bit too out of place on a fairly subtle car, so have gone for something a little more OEM looking...
MtMH9Lq.jpg

What tyre size and springs are you running with as I like the way ur car is sitting, any issues with rubbing?

Cheers Craig.

Hopefully get these on midweek

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,463
Reactions: xssiiv
What tyre size and springs are you running with as I like the way ur car is sitting, any issues with rubbing?

Cheers Craig.

225/35/19, but if I'm honest - I'll be choosing 235s next time, as these offer absolutely zero protection, they arent far off being streched like those you see on lowered Polo's with stickerbomb wings lol.

It's drop is from Bilstein B16 Coilovers, which are on the middle height setting. No rubbing at all, in fact they are so good I think I could perhaps go a fraction lower without rubbing issues, but it's about as low as I want to go.

225/35/19, but if I'm honest - I'll be choosing 235s next time, as these offer absolutely zero protection, they arent far off being streched like those you see on lowered Polo's with stickerbomb wings lol.

It's drop is from Bilstein B16 Coilovers, which are on the middle height setting. No rubbing at all, in fact they are so good I think I could perhaps go a fraction lower without rubbing issues, but it's about as low as I want to go.

I went for the 235/35/19 exactly for that reason

Guys that are running the 235/35/19 what tyre pressures u running with front and rear??

I run mine a little lower than recommended at 39 front and 36 rear.

Reactions: Rob2k68
I run mine a little lower than recommended at 39 front and 36 rear.

Same here but I think that's recommended for three people in the car. 41/39 ish for 5. I'll post a pic of my label.

Last edited:
Upper numbers are for 235/35x19 :-

Reactions: pburv
As Rob has posted above I am running 38psi front and 35psi rear..
I actaully only checked them for the first time last Friday since new last November...:sadlike:
Needless to say they were low......oops I'm bad...

Finally got my wheels/tyres on....now to decide what springs to get?? If any input please help.

Cheers.

Reactions: TDI-line
I'm having an issue with had spec wheels will fit my a3! What ifs et and width are people using and fits wheel without the wheels hanging out te arch or rubbing?

OZ Leggera HLT 8.5x19 ET47

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 796
Reactions: St53daw
19s

My 19's, all shiny and everything!

Reactions: gamegenie and Rob2k68
I'm having an issue with what spec wheels will fit my a3! What offset, size and width are people running? What fits wheel without the wheels hanging out the arch or rubbing?

As said above I'm running 8.5x19 ET47 and sit well....most ppl go with 8.5x19 ET45 without sticking out

I'm having an issue with what spec wheels will fit my a3! What offset, size and width are people running? What fits wheel without the wheels hanging out the arch or rubbing?

Hi,
I've just fitted 20" Alloys with Kumho 235/30/20 Tyres. Offset ET45.
Hope that helps in some way....
Steve M..

c0578d71f15941830562244364b73d1c.jpg

Yeah baby!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: slicko4211 and Rob2k68
Best 1k I spent in extras, second only to Mono. Pur.

New RIMS & TYRES!!

Genuine Audi 20" Alloys 8.5J ET45 4G0601025GZ33/4EE
Kumho Ecsta SPT KU31 235/30 R20 Y (88) Tyres
Hope that helps anyone looking to upgrade......

Reactions: MKC, daytonamart, rvtb101 and 2 others
Reactions: Steve M...