What wheels and what colour?

Matt

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new on here.

I'm getting a brand new A3 S-line for my next car and I've decided on pretty much everything I want as far as options go.

Theres only 2 things I'm stuck on...

1. Which wheels to go for. Either the 5 arm design or the 14 spoke BBS(?) wheels?

2. Colour? Quite fancy Toucan Yellow but haven't seen any pictures of a 3 door A3 S-line in this colour? Quite like Imola Yellow aswell but dont think I can justify spending £1500 odd extra for it!

Does anyone have any pictures to help me? Had a quick search using the search function and also had a look through the sticky post at the top of this sub-forum with peoples cars in but didn't find any.

The only thing that puts me off getting the BBS wheels is that they are probably going to be alot harder to clean with the design of them being as they are (me being lazy lol):moa:

Any help is appreciated! :beerchug:

I've only seen one yellow A3, and my instant repsonse was (after throwing up a little in my mouth) "what a complete waste of money! It ruined the car, and I'm a bg fan of yellow, in it's place... but this wasn't the right yellow.

IMO the 5 spoke look the biz, mainly because they compliment the already phat nature of the A3's slightly agressive look, and are simple (very 'audi').

Would you have to go for a "look at me" colour?

How I came about wanting a Yellow one...

Test drove a Red one and it looked ok, just not the colour for me
Dont like the Blue's in the A3 colour list
Dont like Green
Like the RS4 blue (Sprint Blue?) but not paying £1500 extra for it :(
Silver is too common (not that it looks bad)
I like Black but I have a Black car at the moment
I like the Yellow

The Black & Yellow are the only colours I would have but from owning a Black car allready I know they are hard to keep clean and I fancy a change!

The Yellow seems to be a bit of a marmite colour :confused: Really need to see an S-line in yellow so I can decide for sure!

There is a yellow Sportback near me, looks absolutely AWFUL, don't go there mate! If u want a yelloow car, buy a Fiat! lol

On your sline have Black, Silver or Avus.

I am tempted by Black still. I just know how bad Black cars show up any scratches and stone chips. And you can clean them then leave it sat on your drive for an hour and they are covered in dust without even going anywhere! Black shows everything! :(

The pictures in the A3 brochures are rubbish frankly and google images doesn't turn up much! The only S-line pictures in the brochure are of a red one.

Just thought I'd let you know I found a pic of a Toucan Yellow S-line at last!
toucan_yellow_a3_sline.jpg

Liking Avus Silver aswell :confused:
avus_silver_sline.jpg

Found the pictures looking through the used cars section on Audis own website. Dont know why I didn't think to look there before

Matt said:
I am tempted by Black still. I just know how bad Black cars show up any scratches and stone chips. And you can clean them then leave it sat on your drive for an hour and they are covered in dust without even going anywhere! Black shows everything! :(

The pictures in the A3 brochures are rubbish frankly and google images doesn't turn up much! The only S-line pictures in the brochure are of a red one.

I have black, If I were to buy another A3 I wouldn't buy black. The main reason being 9 times out of 10 everytime I see another car like mine it's black.

I cleaned my car yesterday and you're dead right about the dust.

I'd go for Dolphin Grey. My next car, whatever it is will most likely be a dark/seal grey color.

i got an a4 and got it sprayed daytona grey, it looks great. it would look good on an a3. the avus silver looks awesome too

I like Daytona Grey but I'm not keen on paying 1.5k extra to have it done that colour :(

I like white cars usually but white A3s look a bit base model and bland even in S-line trim...

Matt said:
I like white cars usually but white A3s look a bit base model and bland even in S-line trim...

Theres a few pics flying around of white SLines with bodykits and with those few extra cm and details around the skirts they look amazing imo.

Eeef said:
Buy mine then :)

Yours is red - and we wont go into that argument again :p

Besides, I take delivery of my spankin new Lava Grey SLine 2.0T Fsi quattro Spec Edition in 10 days time :)

Go for the yellow. Easier to find in a carpark or if it gets nicked.
Who cares what others think i love mine it's fab and to be honest everyone is always commenting on how they love my car.
Don't do black as it is a nightmare to clean.
And as for wheels don't ask me as i'm still deciding what wheels to have.

"Go for the yellow. Easier to find in a carpark or if it gets nicked."

Surely the point is, if it is yellow, it won't get nickekd! ;)

Better than a Thatcham Cat 1 Alarm and your own private army to guard it! LOL