1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

What wax/polish are other Audi lovers using

Audi McAudiface Jun 14, 2020

1. Audi McAudiface

Audi McAudiface Registered User

Just bought a tub of this stuff from ‘infinity wax’ based in Edinburgh! Can’t wait to try it out, does anyone have pics/videos of the products they use? Happy waxing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. RS03_SEN

RS03_SEN Registered User

Swissvax best of show wax. [​IMG]

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

V6_Man and Audi McAudiface like this.
  4. RS03_SEN

RS03_SEN Registered User

Also used some meguiars stuff I got for free on this beemer [​IMG]

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

jassyo06 likes this.
  5. Audi McAudiface

Those look great! Black always looks good with a nice polish I use the meguiars leather balm on my seats, leaves a nice finish

RS03_SEN likes this.
  6. Marco 99

Marco 99 Registered User

Hi. I use auto finess aqua wax. Its hydrophobic and the beading/running of water off my car is unreal. Try it mate

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

7. S32B

S32B Registered User

Hi mate, you'd probably get more replies in this forum https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/forums/detailing.116/

Maybe a mod will move it for you!!!

8. Audi McAudiface

Move what?

9. Ron240

Ron240 Breaking the stereotype Gold Supporter

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say......move this thread to the much more appropriate Detailing section. :D

10. S32B

S32B Registered User

^^^THIS^^^

11. Audi McAudiface

didn’t realise there was a detailing section! How do I move it?

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

In my experience buying expensive waxes is a waste of money,l wouldnt go over the £45 mark.....show waxes especially as they have less durability owing to a higher carnuba content,cant see past Autoglym's UHD wax....and l think the Si02 waxes are just as fragile in durability terms....same goes with Si02 detailing sprays....all jumped on the latest detailing fad..it's now jumped to Graphene bit like 4k and 8k tv's....gotta keep the moneyball rolling as they say

14. Mikeso51

Mikeso51 Registered User

I recently switched to Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax after reading lots of good reviews. Very impressed with the gloss and the water beading, and it lasts for ages. A little goes a long way, and it only cost around £16 including an applicator and a microfibre polishing cloth.

The_Ironist and S32B like this.
  15. royalsteve68

royalsteve68 Registered User

Agreed, though I did buy some swissvax onyx at £65 for I think it was 50g or 100g about 6 years ago. Excellent wax though.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

16. royalsteve68

royalsteve68 Registered User

That's good to know. Bilt hamber and britemax are my 2 fav brands

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

The_Ironist likes this.
  17. Mylee

Mylee Registered User

Wouldn't bother with any wax anymore. Ceramic coating all the way.

John Pilkington and DannyRS3 like this.
  18. eribaMotters

eribaMotters Registered User

I've never been into the detailing thing trying to emulate that showroom finish as within 24hrs you've got dust on it or it's rained and all that hard work is lost. A few times a year I use autoglym which is easy to apply and polish off. Water beads nicely on it and it's easy to clean and dry off with a good large microfibre cloth. I also use a damp microfibre cloth on all non textile internal surfaces, including the real and artificial leather. Always comes up well.

Colin

19. DannyRS3

DannyRS3 Registered User

People still wax cars? Ceramic or spray sealants are wayyyy easier, quicker, more durable, glossier, and more hydrophobic.

20. S32B

S32B Registered User

I think I've only used spray on with this current car, used to hand wax the S3 but that was black so demanded attention! :p

21. The_Ironist

The_Ironist Registered User

I use poorboys natty blue over poorboys EX-P. Great stuff, reasonable price, smells good and in combination last a good while.

I use bilt hamber foam and wash so might have to give that double speed wax a go next time.

22. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

A good wax does suits my car's type of paint ie a flat non metallic one far more than a spray on sealant or ceramic has done...and a wax is far more hydrophobic as well it's a summer thing waxing a car...

23. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Really....av applied many a ceramic coating....pain in the backside to apply having to correct the entire paintwork firstly then apply an invisible to the eye coating especially on lighter tones of paint,they aint that durable either given the cost of them....

24. Wibbly

Wibbly Registered User

I use Autoglym UHD over Super Resin Polish twice a year. Between that I use their 'Polar' series (requires pressure washer) when I wash the car. I've found the Polar Seal is astonishing in its effectiveness - even on cars that are not looked after at all.

25. 123Quattro

123Quattro Guest

Ceramic and sio2 based sealants are FAR more hydrophobic than any conventional wax and last way longer. There are some paste waxes like soft99 and Bilt Hamber speed wax that come pretty close in hydrophobics though.

If you are not polishing and perfecting before applying a wax, sealant or ceramic then you are just masking defects. Good enough for some I suppose.

John Pilkington likes this.
  26. Wibbly

Wibbly Registered User

car med.jpg

S32B likes this.
  27. Chris4410

Chris4410 Registered User

The ceramic coating also make cleaning the car much easier, at least it does on mine. Some, pre-cleaner then snowfoam and a rinse removes 90% of the dirt. In fact in the winter months when its not too much fun spending a long time outside cleaning the car this is all the car gets, keeps it looking nice and maintained while not having to spend too much time on it.

John Pilkington and Ron240 like this.