What Tyres?

BigGreg

Reaction score
Hey I'm a newbie so please be nice.

Just picked up my 58 plate A4 S line last week. The car is stunning and still getting used to it. But noticed the tyres are odd. I have 255-35-19 on the front and 235-35-19 on the rear. What should they be? As the rest of the car is mint, I though a new set of boots will finish it off.
So far
LOVE
the full leather
the B&O sounds.
the torque.

Not loving
the electric handbrake.
needs a little more power. It's meant to be 170bhp I think but needs a little more. (Chip and maybe dpf removal looming).

Anthony it's these twin spoke things. Do you know the correct name for them? Hope pic attaches.
1011080 681949788524498 1756513561 n

7 spoke twin arms I think, should be 255 35 19 all round

Reactions: BigGreg
Gosh they are not cheap!

Reactions: deanr123
They should be around 160-170 depending on brand etc. Unless you go for hi end stuff like Mich Pilot Super Sport.

They should be around 160-170 depending on brand etc. Unless you go for hi end stuff like Mich Pilot Super Sport.

I went for Vredstein Ultrac Sessanta on my previous A4 which were amazing in the wet. Much better than any Contis/Michelins I have tried. And they were around 100 each so would definitely recommend them.

I went for Vredstein Ultrac Sessanta on my previous A4 which were amazing in the wet. Much better than any Contis/Michelins I have tried. And they were around 100 each so would definitely recommend them.

The tyre suggested is very good as myself have had very good experience with them thou I have moved onto the Vred Vorti which is the next generation from Vredstein and seem very good. But you wont find them for 100 quid in this size. Unless you deal in the trade for tyres. But from previous experience 225/40/18 and 235 /40/18 are around the 100-120 mark.

Al, what size did you get for that pice pal, I always run Vred's, but for the 255/35/19 can't find them less than £150 each grrrr

Thanks for the feedback chaps. Yes looks like £600 for the four. Do like Vredies, I had Gugaro's on my last car. Could not knock them, did a fine job. Must say I love the car, but feel it might be a little over tyre'd with these rims and width of tyre. 255x35x19 is a big combo on a relatively small motor. Not intending to go slimmer as you can see my rears (235's) are struggling to reach the rims, looks a little odd.

Toyos and Avons can be had for less than £130 plus fitting. If budget is important.

Thanks Viking. Always fancied Yokohama's, I know they tend to be soft but grippy as hell. Or they were on my Subaru. They seem to be in the same price range £150ish.

Yeah, Advan Sport V105 are £152 at the place I looked. Delivered, but not fitted.

Reactions: Macdoon and BigGreg
I've got 2x like new Michelin pilot super sport tyres 235/35/19 N1 If anyone interested also 2x pirelli P zero Rosso like new tyres also 235/35/19 N1 only reason I have these like new tyres is because I keep changing for sticky tyres whenever I do a track day and then can't be bothered to put them back on lol so they are for sale I also have the rears but they are too big for any Audi lol I have just got some Michelin pilot plus tyres which I think I will be sticking with until they wear out as they are road legal and good on the track just can't use them in the wet I've told will loose grip on a motorway if I go over 30mph :/ won't be long until they wear out though looking at them there is barely any tread to start with.

Did u sort yr tyres? Yep Yokos are always soft, had p zeros on the s4 and were a great tyre but didn't last me long :-( on verdestiens at the moment and so far been impressed! Not too pricey either.

Do you have the Goodyear eagle F1 asymmetric 2 in your area? They are pretty good, cheaper than the Michelin pss, and perform well in the rain.

Did u sort yr tyres? Yep Yokos are always soft, had p zeros on the s4 and were a great tyre but didn't last me long :-( on verdestiens at the moment and so far been impressed! Not too pricey either.

Nope still as is. Just MOT'd yesterday all good. Got underneath and had a good nosey. The fronts are legal, maybe another 5k in them, the rears are like new. Sadly the rears are the wrong size. It bugs me when I look at it and the side wall is stretching to reach the rim. I would expect they will do me until the summer and I will change the lot with a wheel refurb at the same time. I will try to get a package price.

I've got 2x like new Michelin pilot super sport tyres 235/35/19 N1 If anyone interested also 2x pirelli P zero Rosso like new tyres also 235/35/19 N1 only reason I have these like new tyres is because I keep changing for sticky tyres whenever I do a track day and then can't be bothered to put them back on lol so they are for sale I also have the rears but they are too big for any Audi lol I have just got some Michelin pilot plus tyres which I think I will be sticking with until they wear out as they are road legal and good on the track just can't use them in the wet I've told will loose grip on a motorway if I go over 30mph :/ won't be long until they wear out though looking at them there is barely any tread to start with.

Do you still have the Michelins? If so, what tread is left on them and how much would you be looking for? Could be interested!

Cheers
Dave

Hiya Dave yeah still got them but as I say I only have the 2, haven't done too many miles with them will have a measure of them. Although my new tyres look bald now and they are brand new lol

Ok cool, well I'm only after 2 anyway as my fronts are nearly dead! If you're still interested in selling them PM me what sort of price you're looking for and where abouts you're located :)

I had Michelin Pilot Sport 3's before which I thought were really good. I've got Continental Contact Sport 5P's at the moment and they are really good.

Camskill are by far the cheapest place in the UK for tyres.
Also have a look on eBay.

I've got the Contis on there now which it came with, they've done 8,000 miles and they're just above the tread wear! I had Michelin on my old B7 A4 and I had much better wear out of them so tempted to try them.

I had Michelin Pilot Sport 3's before which I thought were really good. I've got Continental Contact Sport 5P's at the moment and they are really good.

Camskill are by far the cheapest place in the UK for tyres.
Also have a look on eBay.

Try tyreleader.co uk

Very cheap as well.