What tyres work well on the S3...

Oldskool Andy

S3 APY
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to S3 ownership and need to change my tyres shortly.

I am a big fan of Avon tyres but curious as to what others are running - I am on standard 17" rims and have no plans to change the wheels any time soon.

Many thanks
Andy

I have the 18” RSTT wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Really nice grippy tyre. Not a bad word to say about them.

I suppose they’re a little pricey but you can get savings if you buy online etc.

Another +1 for Michelin pilot sport 4's
Black circles or camskill is where I'd look for decent prices

Continental contact sport 5’s on mine, no issues but will go PZERO’s or PS4’s next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue - very sticky in Hot days and overall, great life wear worth the try in any aspect.

If you are anywhere near a Costco and know someone with a card they regularly have deals on Michelin / Bridgestone / Goodyear.
I got four Michelin PS4 225/45/17 fitted for £275.95 back in March.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Thats a damm good price! Best I have found on the Michelin PS4's fitted is £336.
Yep the offer was £60 off their 'normal' price. Current Costco offer is £50 off 4 Bridgestones in 17 inch size or £70 off 18 inch. Offer runs to Sunday 25th but there will be another one next month.

Never seen them offer this sort of tyre before but that’s an incredible price (obv wrong size for OEM S3 but may work for some)

Attachments

• 9F3EC10B-8A2C-4584-BC87-D34C4D059F8C.jpeg
    9F3EC10B-8A2C-4584-BC87-D34C4D059F8C.jpeg
    949.5 KB · Views: 90
dunlop sport maxx rt works well on dry and wet. I didn't try the new rt2 version, but I used 3 sets of the first version. I only swap with Michelin Pilot Sport 4.
Previously I tried 2 sets of Bridgeston Potenza ra050a I dind't like it.

Had some Michelin PS4's fitted today and so far they seem good....wish I had my wheels refurbished 1st though ;)

Andy

PS4’s on the m3 which are considerably better than the p zeros that they replaced. Have goodyear f1 5’s on the a3 which again replaced p zeros, also a decent improvement