Saloon what tyres to get?

cceyhan

Reaction score
Hello, just got my rs3 and its time for summer tyres. What do you guys suggest? Im not taking it to the track orlike that, but i still want some decent tyres with good grip and all that.

Thx in advance

Continental SportContact 6 (RO2) or the new Continental SportContact 7. Better than anything out there including the Pilot Sport 4S.

Reactions: Gazwould
Continental SportContact 6 (RO2) or the new Continental SportContact 7. Better than anything out there including the Pilot Sport 4S.
One test was up against the PS4 not 4S and the other was on a rear wheel drive. I would like to see how it behaves on the RS3 first (or something else equally hard on the front tyres) as the Continental 7 does not seem to last that well.

I swear by Continental winter tyres but not convinced by the SC7 at the moment

For me PS4S will be going back on unless the 5S is out by then. For me it just works.

Only caveat being if it is a staggered set up then a bit of thought should be given if you are not using RO2 tyres, however I don't think a DAZA/DNWA saloon needs the staggered setup.

One test was up against the PS4 not 4S and the other was on a rear wheel drive. I would like to see how it behaves on the RS3 first (or something else equally hard on the front tyres) as the Continental 7 does not seem to last that well.

I swear by Continental winter tyres but not convinced by the SC7 at the moment

For me PS4S will be going back on unless the 5S is out by then. For me it just works.

Only caveat being if it is a staggered set up then a bit of thought should be given if you are not using RO2 tyres, however I don't think a DAZA/DNWA saloon needs the staggered setup.
Tests are just biased impressions of motor journalists who have an agenda. if you read the tests for RS3 (DAZA and DKNW), the common view is that it is a ***** car for old men.
My opinion is based on my own personal impressions.
I had PS4S first and Continental SC6 afterwards.
the Continentals where much better in every aspect. More grip dry or wet, less under steer. So far had them for one season and they are lasting well.

Usual non OE Continental achilies heal then , any data to support ?

Hello, just got my rs3 and its time for summer tyres. What do you guys suggest? Im not taking it to the track orlike that, but i still want some decent tyres with good grip and all that.

Thx in advance
I used to have Goodyear Eagle F1 supersports on my old 8V fl car, 235 all round though as they were not available in 255.

Good tyre and the price from Camskill was pretty decent too.

Unfortunately Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport is one of those UUHP tyres that trades off a lot of wet performance to gain dry performance .

Ahhh I only knew of AO .

These OE makes always have compound modification hense your wear experience is way better than ordinary CSC6 .

Tests are just biased impressions of motor journalists who have an agenda. if you read the tests for RS3 (DAZA and DKNW), the common view is that it is a ***** car for old men.
My opinion is based on my own personal impressions.
I had PS4S first and Continental SC6 afterwards.
the Continentals where much better in every aspect. More grip dry or wet, less under steer. So far had them for one season and they are lasting well.
what car is for old men?

RS3 is now AO.
The new 8Y may use the general AO (and all the better for that) but the 8V is still supposed to be RO1/RO2 especially if you run the staggered set up.

I don't run either of the above, or staggered wheels as I don't see the need on a DAZA saloon but FWIW it's what it says in the Audi book of words :shrug:

How's the new one going? Thought you were joining the Elon Fan Club?

I had PS4S and thought they were a good all round tyre but have now changed to the Michelin Sport Cup 2 tyres. Supposed to be a better performance tyre but I’ve not had them long enough to make a proper comparison.

I have PS4S all round 235/35 square setup its been amazing and lasts so much longer than those awful P-Zeros

New Daddy in town , question is the longevity ?

DSC00913

I did contemplate the ps4's but I don't wanna run the square set up.
If you were going to get a problem with the PS4 then you will likely get it with the SC7 as they are the same size. ANY non-RO2 tyre can cause a problem on the staggered setup. The SC7 is not RO2. The RO2 rated Continental is a SC5P.

It should still be a good tyre, I have the SC6 on another machine and they do well but don't be thinking it is the correct tyre for the staggered setup on an 8V RS3

If you were going to get a problem with the PS4 then you will likely get it with the SC7 as they are the same size. ANY non-RO2 tyre can cause a problem on the staggered setup. The SC7 is not RO2. The RO2 rated Continental is a SC5P.

It should still be a good tyre, I have the SC6 on another machine and they do well but don't be thinking it is the correct tyre for the staggered setup on an 8V RS3
Had no problems with the sportcontact 6's which were not RO2.