What Tyres do you have?

Used to run Goodyear Eagle F1 Assy 1's.. then tried the Assy 2's, and i didnt like either - plus they were expensive.

Have switched to Toyo Proxes T1 Sports and they are awesome all rounders, and cheaper too... If they are good enough for Audi to put on the RS3 and RS5's at the factory, then they're good enough for me !!!

goose

Falken FK453 - Only been on for a week, but so far so good. Impressed with the grip.

As an everyday driver I have to agree on this post.
Much quieter than the Bridgestone's I had previously and excellent in the wet. The Vreds are good but dont seem to last long on a heavier car.
Just my preference.

p.s DON'T BUY CHEAP TAT..YOU MIGHT END UP REGRETTING IT.

guys, i recently got 225/40/18 vred ultrac sessanta's and whilst i find they offer excellent grip, they are as noisy as hell. Many indy garages/tyre fitters have told me that its due to their aggressive tread pattern. So now on the lookout for alternative tyres which MUST be silent (or near silent) without compromising on performance. Thinking of going for 225/40/18 Goodyear F1 Assymetric 2. Would these be silent?

guys, i recently got 225/40/18 vred ultrac sessanta's and whilst i find they offer excellent grip, they are as noisy as hell. Many indy garages/tyre fitters have told me that its due to their aggressive tread pattern. So now on the lookout for alternative tyres which MUST be silent (or near silent) without compromising on performance. Thinking of going for 225/40/18 Goodyear F1 Assymetric 2. Would these be silent?

The decibel levels are now declared as part of the EU thingy!?!
if have a look at any if the online advertisers you will see the rating advertised with the tyre along with the fuel efficiency and wet braking.

i seem to remember the Sessantas are noisy at 74db, the average is about 69-71.
tbh I don't know what this really equates to when most if us drive with the radio on anyhow. Also different types if surfaces make a huge differance.

I find it interesting that they are noisy. As they are rated one of the quietest according to the EU rating.

Vred Ultra Sessanta - Dry F, Wet C, Noise 67

I can recommend Dunlop Sport Maxx RT - Dry C Wet A Noise 68

As most B7 audis that came out with 17 and 18's were Dunlop Sport Maxx thus Dunlop Sport Maxx RT is the replacement for them.

Another good tyre I can recommend is the Mich Pilot Sport 3 wears very good and noise rating of 71

Well I've just fitted a pair of 235/40/18 Dunlop Sport MAXX RT's on the front of my car after my Falken 912's got down to the wear bar.
Last month I had 2 Falken 914's fitted on the rear as I had been happy with the 912's and went for similar again (newer type?) however they did not wear very well at less than 10k miles. Hoping the newer tyre is just as good if not better and also hoping that the Dunlops are better still as a bit pricier. I thought it would be interesting to try two different tyre types at the same time to realy see which is better. I know 4 matching looks best but hey. On first impressions, I notice the Dunlops are quieter than the Falken, they are rated at 68dB, one of the quietest available also that they just look better ! They are wider than the Falken with more of a rim gaurd protecting the wheels edge. Rated C for fuel economy and A for wet weather driving, they should be good all round, but with almost no cross hatching/bars, they look awful for snow. Will find out shortly, first frost on windows this morning :sadlike:

I highly recommend Camskill.co.uk for buying tyres. Best prices and fast delivery. Excellent service.

Federals on the front, budget on the back for me. Not ideal but for 19's tyre prices are ridiculous! Helps oversteer a little more with rubbish back tyres too :happy:. Smaller alloys would have been treated to Michelin or Goodyear tyres at all four corners, can recommend them from experience.

Always used michelin PS2 or 3's good all round tyre and last me around 20K miles, aren't Federals classed as a budget tyre I hear people refer to them as "Federal family killers" how true that is I have no idea.

Probably are haha, garage was selling them as though they were something special. Seemed more mid range than budget to me, grip similar to premium, no wheel noise, plus majority of reviews rated them higher than Yoko's and the like. Will check the actual model later if I can be bothered.

Just swapped Kumho KU39 s for Conti Sport Contact 5. Kumho's lasted about 10k miles. The Conti's better be £80 better as that's how much more they were for two! :)