I

imported_migzy

Goodyear F1 GSD3's
or
Pirelli P Zero Nero

Looking for a good all round tyre.

Cheers

Migzy

Personally I love the GSD3's and I'm not keen on Pirelli's. As soon as I get round to changing my wheels or my current tyres wear out I'll be going for GSD3's

Good grip in the wet and dry, good wear rate, reasonably priced and at the limit they are very steerable on the throttle. If you like a bit of lift off over steer they don't suddenly snap.

J.

have you considered either of:
Michelin Pilot Sport II, or
Yokohama AVS Sport V102

They both get very good reports and I'm looking at these two for my replacement tyre. Keen to receive any comments.

Cheers,
marcus

Have tried both of these, given a choice the F1's without a doubt.

Last car had F1's, this car has the Pirelli's. The level of grip in the F1's is amazing, particularly in the wet.
They didnt seem too bad on the wear front either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

how about comfort level,
i know my missus will give me grief if i lower the comfort level too much.

Cheers

MIgzy

Difficult one to comment on really as I doubt any of us have had a set of all of the tyres out there.

Personally, I had the F1s on a previous car (>200bhp and fwd) and they were tremendous in both wet and dry, heard rumours that Brudgestones are great in the dry but quite scary in wet.

Got Michi Pilots on the A3 at the moment and they grip extremely well, but are quite noisy. Don't know if this is particular to the tyre or just because of the size of the contact area (225)

hope that helps...

When ordering a new car from Audi, can the consumer specify which type of tyre that is fitted at no extra cost? Just wondering as I may/will be ordering on the 16th April.

This site seems to have a good selection of rubber
http://www.blackcircles.com

I didn't think they can legally put 4 different tyres on your car?

I had a set of GSD3's on my avant and got less than 10k out of the fronts and not much better on the rears! Also fairly noisy.

I then got some Michelin Pilot Sport II put on and got just over 20k from the fronts and still had plenty left when I sold the car. Not as grippy as the GSD3's but probably a little quiter.
Oh and I got my local audi dealer to match www.blackcircles.co.uk on price.

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing there that suggests they're wrong to fit different types of tyres to each wheel.
They're all of the correct sizes and speed ratings etc.
Just looks odd !

[/ QUOTE ]

'If they're same make they'll be fine sir'

If they're a different tread pattern, and maybe a different rubber compound the difference in wet conditions alone could be huge. As said it wont be a problem soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Goodyear GSD III these are the dogs dangleys, will be changing to these as soon as mine are worn /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

On a separate note wether it is illegal or not to have mixed tread patterns for me this would be a No No as looks poor, just my opinion .

Japper
If you're in the market for tyres you should try a bloke I know from my bike days.
Rob Sillett (Sillett tyres) on Holland street.
His prices are great and he won't mark your alloys.

It's been kwikfit beside the old Lawson's factory in Dyce for my A4 though and they are a ****** joke.
It's like they're in slow motion.
They have the combined intellect of a plant.
I had to argue with the MD not to take maintenance on my A3.
I prefer freedom of choice to deal with who I want to deal with and reclaim the dosh back.

DId you get my e-mail ???

[ QUOTE ]
Japper
If you're in the market for tyres you should try a bloke I know from my bike days.
Rob Sillett (Sillett tyres) on Holland street.
His prices are great and he won't mark your alloys.

It's been kwikfit beside the old Lawson's factory in Dyce for my A4 though and they are a ****** joke.
It's like they're in slow motion.
They have the combined intellect of a plant.
I had to argue with the MD not to take maintenance on my A3.
I prefer freedom of choice to deal with who I want to deal with and reclaim the dosh back.

DId you get my e-mail ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers for the info, ref. Sillett tyres. I'll put this in my contacts, but for the next three years it will be Audi replacing them as I am on fixed maintanance deal.

'They have the combined interlect of a plant' now come on it's too early to have been drinking, they're not that bright /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

No email mate, when did you send ?

Same here: Conti SC II 225/45/17 as standard, with s-line chassis.

High on grip, even in the wet, stiff sidewall (but not as stiff as Mich Pilot Sport) hard wearing (despite much abuse), not very directional, but pretty forgiving by the same token...