what turbo have i got k03 or k03s

laner

A3 1.8T (AGU)
Reaction score
hi all you may have been asked this many times but some forums i been reading say my a3 Treg1999(agu) 1.8t sport has a k03 and some say it has k03s please help me because i dont want to buy a k03s if i already have one thanks

AGU engine code comes with a k03 turbo.

I'm sure i read somewhere that anything before 2001 was a k03 and anything after was a k03s :wacko:

Does anyone know what turbo the AUM engine has got??

I'm sure i read somewhere that anything before 2001 was a k03 and anything after was a k03s :wacko:

Does anyone know what turbo the AUM engine has got??

AGU >2000 ko3

AUM 2001- ko3S

theres more to chuck in the mix like ARZ/ARY aswell of course

Last edited:
cheers all for all the feedback now i no i might have to get a k03s then what is the k03 like when its remap the mods i got is fmic.cai.3"downpipe decat.2 1/4 cat back.the n75f, does anyone know what power i would be looking at with the k03 cheers

cheers all for all the feedback now i no i might have to get a k03s then what is the k03 like when its remap the mods i got is fmic.cai.3"downpipe decat.2 1/4 cat back.the n75f, does anyone know what power i would be looking at with the k03 cheers

With those mods expect up to 200 BHP max from the K03. Up to 230 max with the K03s.

Reactions: crzboy0223
I have a KO3 with a Forge TIP, induction kit, Custom Code Phase 1 map and a cat back exhaust system and its about 190bhp. The improvement over standard is massive to be honest and makes it a lot nicer to drive.

I'd like to upgrade to a KO3S at some point and add a downpipe and FMIC into the mix but its all money thats needed elsewhere!

cheers for that i mite go for a custom remap then before going k03s. where did you get your ramaps to can anyone tell me of some good places to go thanks

R-Tech <---- really GOOD reviews on here - just try the search

AMD <---- mixed reviews on here, same again try a search

Mine was done by Midland VW in Cannock but R Tech are the boys to go and see these days it would seem based on the excellent feedback they've been getting off members on here :)

If I was doing it again I'd be contacting them for sure.

AGU >2000 ko3

AUM 2001- ko3S

theres more to chuck in the mix like ARZ/ARY aswell of course

Thanks mate .

So mine must be a k03S :)

Is there really a big enough difference between the k03 and the ko3s for people to justify changing to the k03s?

I does look a bit bigger it the picture posted but other than that what else is there ? .