What to look out for when collecting your new A3/S3

auzzam_crd

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Trying something a bit more collaborative with the latest video and provide owners with some of the good things to look out for when collecting their cars.

I've added a few in the video but intend to regularly update the list.

Let me know down below for any you think we should add:

1) check the passenger door closes easily
2) if buying a used edition1 (check it has electric seats)
3) if buying a pre-built/used car check for wireless carplay
4) report any warning lights immediately in writing - to help you in the long term
4) check your car has the correct puddle lights
5) check for loose panels / squeaking such as gear surround, virtual cockpit surround and folding mirrors .
6) check the piano black trims for scratches - this can be present on brand new cars.
7) add here
8) add here
9) add here
10)....

Thanks
Auzzam

Reactions: AdamInKent
Short test drive to check CarPlay works without the flickering issue some have?

Reactions: auzzam_crd
Hi auzzam_crd
I recently just got a 1 year old A3 8Y and I think I have a similar problem with my passenger door not shutting properly, I'm having to give it that extra effort to close it. Was it an easy fix and how did Audi fix it for you?

Hi auzzam_crd
I recently just got a 1 year old A3 8Y and I think I have a similar problem with my passenger door not shutting properly, I'm having to give it that extra effort to close it. Was it an easy fix and how did Audi fix it for you?
Hey bud,

They never ended up fixing it and surprisingly told me to open the rear door and then close it. Surprisingly it closes just fine then!

I never pushed it as I didn't want to take more time of work and we already had a replacement car on order by then (which by the way closed just fine)

I recently drove a rs6 that had the same problem! Maybe they have one angry employee who doesn't put the hinges on properly.

Hi auzzam_crd
Thanks for the quick reply, I will maybe try a local garage to see if they can have a look at it, if they can't fix it, I will have to take it to an Audi dealer.