What to look for when buying an S3

tom1987

Reaction score
Hi sorry im new here - thinking of chaning my 09 Reg Mini Cooper S for a s3, test drove 1 at Lincoln Audi last week and quite liked it, was going to put a deposit on it Thursday but found out it was sold.

thinking of looking at these 2 next week, do you think 1 the 1 in Bradford is overpriced or about right (is this also a facelift model?)

Audi S3 HATCHBACK S3 Quattro 3dr 2.0 2008

Audi S3 2.0 T FSI quattro 265 PS 3dr 2008

ideally i would like 1 in black with satnav and the recaro seats, what kind of price do the recaros sell for secondhand out of interest as i guess there quite sought after,

what things should i look for when buying 1, ive heard major service is around 40k so guess the 1 in Bradford will need that soon.

well i ended up buying 1 picking it up next week canny wait 012

Reactions: Boydie
You should be pleased with that, Black ones are always the fastest:blackrs4: happy motoring. Audi warranty I assume so no repair bills for a while.

Reactions: batch
Black is ace mate. Mean and moody lol. Did it come with recaro s.

Facelift wheels on non-facelift car? Check they're not reps.

Other than that, black S3s are ace. Hard to go wrong with them really... enjoy it, and welcome to ASN!

As for buckets, when they do appear second hand, they usually go for around £2k or maybe £1500 with a swap for your standard seats.

got miltek on other week, sounds nicer - looking at a forge induction kit next and remap in a while - autotechnica in hull seem good so might take it there

did not realise the wheels were facelift until after i bought it, thought thats how they came std until i relised that was facelift models only,

Attachments

• 093.jpg
    093.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 135