What to get fixed before the warranty runs out

ollyhawkeye

Reaction score
Morning everyone and Happy New Year!!

I'm due for a service in a couple of weeks and my warranty runs out on the S3 in March so I figured this would be a good time to get some ideas around what should get fixed under warranty.

I am pretty sure that the sagging diffuser at the rear is a warranty fix, has anyone else done that?

Are there any other big fixes that I should look out for? Haldex orientated or otherwise.

Your thoughts/experiences would be appreciated before I book it in.

Cheers

Olly

Hmmm. In a similar position so i'll tag on this thread! The locking clip on my arm rest snapped off so now it doesn't 'click' shut. Also the plastic thing fell off. That's a warranty fix right? Or will they tell me I snapped it off?

Hmmm. In a similar position so i'll tag on this thread! The locking clip on my arm rest snapped off so now it doesn't 'click' shut. Also the plastic thing fell off. That's a warranty fix right? Or will they tell me I snapped it off?

What 'plastic thing' ???

My car is in the dealer now too... and warranty runs out march...

But they are trying to bump me in the servicing price!!! (sorry to hijack thread) £382?!

But yeah my rear washer has stopped working so they are fixing that too.

I would think that they would be fine with that. I had my rear pop up blind replaced with no quibbles when it snapped off....

I want to get some things done on mine, will they replace:

Brake pads
Suspension bushes
Glovebox catch
Flywheel
Gearbox

Under warranty?

I would look at getting everything looked at you are worried about. Once the case is started, even if it takes 6 mnths for the OK it's still covered.

It's your car and you know what is normal for it and what isnt

I would look at getting everything looked at you are worried about. Once the case is started, even if it takes 6 mnths for the OK it's still covered.

It's your car and you know what is normal for it and what isnt

Good advice

Morning everyone and Happy New Year!!

I'm due for a service in a couple of weeks and my warranty runs out on the S3 in March so I figured this would be a good time to get some ideas around what should get fixed under warranty.

I am pretty sure that the sagging diffuser at the rear is a warranty fix, has anyone else done that?

Are there any other big fixes that I should look out for? Haldex orientated or otherwise.

Your thoughts/experiences would be appreciated before I book it in.

Cheers

Olly

Get the steering rack checked, failed racks on the S3 are not unheard of.

Also check you dont have excessive wear on your door seals due to the doors `dropping`. The dealer wil adjust the doors and replace the seals under warranty (had mine done once and needs done again:confused:).

And Errr...anything else that you think isnt how it should be.:noway:

Cheers
Paul

Had my rack replaced under warranty, car was alot more responsive steering wise....creaking went too.

Mine is going in for a few tweeks next week, its covered under a 12 month used warranty. There is a bit of laquer thats come away on the o/s quarter panel under the mirror will this be covered?

Also check you dont have excessive wear on your door seals due to the doors `dropping`. The dealer wil adjust the doors and replace the seals under warranty (had mine done once and needs done again:confused:).

Cheers
Paul

Thanks Paul....

What are the signs of the rack failing? will double check on the seals too!

Olly

Cheers
Paul

How do you know if your doors have dropped?

My door has dropped to so its going back to audi

Iv had the gearbox replaced for a whine in 5th gear, steering rack and various other little things here and there. I have noticed that both my seats creak. If you put your weight on the back support then take the weight off they creak. If you are driving along a bumpy road you can hear then creaking. Going to bring this up when i drop my car at Audi on Friday, you dont expect creaking seats after 20k miles in any car never mind an Audi.

Davie

How do you know if your doors have dropped?

The door seals mid way down the main pillar door shut wear locally. Mine had worn through to a hole.
Looking down the flanks the door is visibly out of line too.

Its fairly obvious if your car is affected though.

cheers
Paul

Creaking, groaning, mechanical `play`. Thats how I understand it anyway.

Cheers
Paul

Mine used to clunk if i moved the steering left to right when the car was at a standstill, also when going over bumps on full lock used to get a dull clunk. New rack solved the problem :)

I brought this up on my last service as mine has snapped off too, i was told that i must buy the whole armrest again and to the best of my knowlege it was not cheap. If you find they are able to fix this or you find a place to buy a replacement it would be much appreciated.