What to do?!!

im not really into bikes tbh!! just dont like the fact you can fall off! I might be going out in a skyline tonight! then my mates rx7 again! then ill make my mind up! lol

btw i have a cbr 600rr,agreed different experience.

have you thought about getting a nissan pulsar gtir?

GTIR,quick cheap car but tranmission is very weak and so is the engine without full rebuild.
Go with your heart mate and get your 500bhp skyline.

lol i went out in the skyline and the rx7 last night! this is the skyline i went to see, http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/368064.htm . i have to admit tho i really wasn't impressed with it! its running 391 bhp and didn't really feel much quicker than mine. Even my mate said that who was sat in the back! to be fair the car was mint!! and the guy selling it was really nice but it just didn't have a huge kick!! Apparently uprated air mass meters and a remapp would take it to 500bhp. But then after going in the rx7, yes it was VERY tail happy last night but it just feels so raw and so much quicker!

the skyline does look mint though... very nice looking car but like you said just a few mods would sort the lack of punch. its alot bigger car then the s3 aswell though gta think about that too.

looks very nice... skyline is a very nice car my cuz has a single turbo r33 and that has goes! have you thought abought getting a twin turbo lexus soarer?

no not really looked at them! heres a pic of my mates rx7 and my s3!
noplaterx7.jpg

I just think the rx7 looks so smooth and just has the wow factor! lol

Wheres that? A SPAR in a BP? Not around Reading then??

It looks like Knight Rider.

I dont go that end, too pikey for me :)

S3 SAF - Could your signature be any bigger you think?

yea next to asda! Yea just like knight rider does look so good tho!! I think its going to have to be a rx7!

That rx7 looks the nuts,i like the looks of the S3 but it looks boring next to that.

Not a fan of japanese cars. They're usually too overstated.

If I had to choose though, it'd be the mazda over the nissan.
It looks more handsome than the skyline. R33 starting to look dated.

does look like knightrider though!! all you need are the red lights and the sounds and ther you go!

i do really like them my mate has a gold coloured one which is running at 445bhp.up in hounslow.but the only downside is that they are getting old kinda like the supra's.my next motor is goin to be a 350z.

Friend of mine used to work at that car audio shop...like ten years ago now pretty much.

agreed mate they do look good,but it's all old technology remember it's a 1.3,hence the big lag/kick,raw and fun . Reminds me of the mr2 turbo i had 8 years ago,it was 300bhp and felt like it was 5000bhp,the thing was so light,nervous handling with such a massive kick of turbo boost it wasn't the best combination ,it was alot of fun though!!!

It doesn't suprise me at all about the skyline,like i said i beat a 400+bhp one from 30-130 in a 340bhp evo in proper timed event.
I remember racing a 450bhp rx7 at santa pod a few years ago,thing was like a ****** snake up the strip he was lucky he didn't slam it into the barrier!
Anyway have fun whatever you buy!!

lol id like to keep it twin turbo as there really isnt any lag!! It does ok in the summer with huge tyres on the back! but yea in the winter its really tail happy!!

Actually there is one small turbo and one big turbo on a rx7,and as you know on the changeover there is a kick!
If you want over 350bhp you need to upgrade these!

yea i think most people go to a single turbo after! i would like to keep it twin tho mabe just some uprated ones!

And you say no lag or kick,i think not!!!
DSC00705.jpg

If i had to buy a rx7 it would be the last of the line spirit r . The later ones with the different front bumper look a lot better!

im just going by my mates one and its just really smooth all the way through!! yea well there quite cheap now so i can afford to buy a end of the line mint one!

no worries ed,i'm sure you will soon be bored and onto something else !!
Get some pics up when you get it.

lol hopefully it will keep me entertained for a while!! Im going to put the s3 up for sale either later on tonight or tomorrow!

Ed have you looked into the maintence on RX7'S?

My mum's after an RX7 or EVO but i was put off by the rotary engine needing rebuilding regually is that true?

Cheers

Yea its about every 50-60000k so its not a major thing really! As long as i get one thats been done ill be happy! And as i only use it as a weekend car i wont be clocking up to many miles! Apparantly there quite easy to rebuild as well!

edward_harris said:
Yea its about every 50-60000k so its not a major thing really! As long as i get one thats been done ill be happy! And as i only use it as a weekend car i wont be clocking up to many miles! Apparantly there quite easy to rebuild as well!

Easy to rebuild - yes, but cheap to rebuild - no, and even then, it has to be done properly or the compression won't hold. Sparkplugs for RX7's are quite difficult and expensive to get gold of also, but fleabay is a good place to look.