What to do with my Red A4 B8 S line Avant?

lakers1234

Reaction score
Hi there

I have a 2010 A4 S LINE Avant in Red

It's just a standard S line with the silver trims

I want to either make it look like a black edition, or put the S4 grill, mirrors, rear diffuser and exhaust on it, with some 19" wheels
Ffd

Which do you guys think is worth doing?

Please post pics of yours, or nice looking S4/Black edition Avants in Red to give me some sort of idea please

Thanks

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-24_15-36-39.png
    upload_2016-2-24_15-36-39.png
    256 bytes · Views: 429
  • upload_2016-2-24_15-36-43.png
    upload_2016-2-24_15-36-43.png
    256 bytes · Views: 426
Reactions: Chop.
hi mate nice motor

an rs4 style grill is always a good start IMO

Nice motor mate
I like the red and black theme so for me I would get the windows tinted nice and dark and maybe have the wheels black or anthracite.
Black edition grille and rear diffuser would go nice too.
Wheel spacers look mint on the avants too if youre into that

:)

hi mate nice motor

an rs4 style grill is always a good start IMO

Hi mate, Thanks! :)

Yeah, I was thinking that dude... but then I think I will start myself on an expensive road of wanting to do more RS4 mods lol... good shout though, will definitely be in the think tank

Last edited:
Nice motor mate
I like the red and black theme so for me I would get the windows tinted nice and dark and maybe have the wheels black or anthracite.
Black edition grille and rear diffuser would go nice too.
Wheel spacers look mint on the avants too if youre into that

:)

Hi mate, nice one for the response. I previously had a black 58 plate one, 2 or so years ago and put the black edition theme into it... I tinted the windows, sprayed the roof rails in Satin Black, did the door shut edges and grill. and put some rotors on it.

I was thinking of doing that again, or should I just step it up a notch, and just put the S4 Grill, S4 Mirror covers, Rotors / RS6 / RS4 Wheels in Anthracite keeping the BLACK EDITION theme, and then the Quad exhausts. Not too much extra work I guess?

Take a look below, I've got the before and after pics:

20140409 133454

And then after:

20140506 201011

20140417 165053

Reactions: mister.c., MattS5, Chop. and 1 other person
Hi mate, nice one for the response. I previously had a black 58 plate one, 2 or so years ago and put the black edition theme into it... I tinted the windows, sprayed the roof rails in Satin Black, did the door shut edges and grill. and put some rotors on it.

I was thinking of doing that again, or should I just step it up a notch, and just put the S4 Grill, S4 Mirror covers, Rotors / RS6 / RS4 Wheels in Anthracite keeping the BLACK EDITION theme, and then the Quad exhausts. Not too much extra work I guess?

Take a look below, I've got the before and after pics:

View attachment 81665

And then after:

View attachment 81666
View attachment 81667

Im a Big fan of what you did there bud that will go nicely on a red one and make it a bit more aggressive.

Reactions: lakers1234
Not red but Iv changed a few things you could.....

Reactions: Chris Nelson and lakers1234
I have a B8 S4 Grille in the Shed with black rings if you fancy a spar to work on (will let it go for reasonable price)

My Misano Red BE+ B8.5. I love the red & black combo.

A4 1

Reactions: Gazwould, lakers1234, Leyton388 and 3 others
Thanks

Yeh it's an s4 mate not much standard left to give it away, I'm looking to change diffuser too, but everything I like is big bucks :-0

Haha and should have added, I'm cheap :)

Last edited:
Reactions: lakers1234 and xpoweruk
Thanks

Yeh it's an s4 mate not much standard left to give it away, I'm looking to change diffuser too, but everything I like is big bucks :-0

Haha and should have added, I'm cheap :)

Lol sorry mate for asking the question, should have just looked at your build thread

Right guys, I've decided to go for the S4 look so please vote!!! :redrs4:

This is my car at the moment. Just collected it today:
 57 4

Please vote the front end / combination you think will be the best / favourite

(I am more inclined towards number 4, but let me know what you think)

thanks

57 3
3 22 s4 2
REVO Technik AUDI S4 3 3100
S4 grille

Reactions: Chop. and Chris Nelson
Black grille with either silver or black rings bro both look mint black rings is the more aggressive of the 2 id say :D

I agree black grille,quite like the chrome rings against the red though

All black from me buddy

Although No 4 does look good to and prob ties in better with the chrome

Started on the Black edition theme boys, at a friends house this afternoon/evening
Just done the roof rails in Satin Black so far
20160228 1818341
!!

20160228 1818151

Reactions: Chop., Chris Nelson and xpoweruk
This is my black edition with a bit more black :yes:

Audi black front
Audi  black circles
Audi rear view

Reactions: Leyton388, lakers1234, Chop. and 1 other person
Nice car mate. I've picked up some 19" Rotor wheels yesterday, will do all the black trims this weekend, and put the new S4 grill on. Saturday is going to be a busy day. Hopefully, the car will be done by Sunday, and I'll upload the pics folks :) Cannot wait

Reactions: TerryA and Chop.
IMG 0782
IMG 0785

better image of whole car with replacement black s line badge on side wings and also did calipers and disc surrounds black which was easy cheap stuff - just hammerite paint

Reactions: Leyton388 and Chop.
Ok, I couldn't do much over the weekend due to the weather, apart from put the wheels on. But will be selling them again soon, because I don't like the way they run on the car. They are replica rotors, and make the car feel like crap (Probably the tyres to be honest), so going to try and source Genuine ones.

20160306 142951

20160306 143004

And then look at what I collected from the Postal collection depo today, that I bought from @xpoweruk

Just want to give a big shout out to this guy, he really looked after me and is very trustworthy. His communication, helpfulness, constant updates were great. I'd recommend him to anyone. Thank you mate

20160308 185425

Reactions: Chop., xpoweruk and TerryA
Terry your car looks boss mate. The red and black look spot on.

Reactions: TerryA
And then look at what I collected from the Postal collection depo today, that I bought from @xpoweruk

Just want to give a big shout out to this guy, he really looked after me and is very trustworthy. His communication, helpfulness, constant updates were great. I'd recommend him to anyone. Thank you mate

View attachment 83202

you wouldnt catch me doing anything the same as this @xpoweruk bloke :tongueclosed: :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: RS5 JON
So a few updates:

The Rotor wheels are fine, just need one new tyre.
I have de-chromed the exterior and now it looks like a black edition, apart from the window tints

I tried the s4 grill on the car, and even though it looks good, might not put it on, as I am struggling to source the rear s4 parts

Anyway, here's some pics

57 1
 57 2

20160308 185425

This was the S4 grill that I purchased from a forum member that I needed to do the S4 conversion, but have since found it so hard to source a genuine rear s4 rear diffuser, so those plans are put on the back foot for the time being...

So just decided to spray the S line grill trim into black for now:
20160316 125407

Well anyway, I tried the S4 grill on, with the S4 mirror caps......

20160316 135557

20160316 135430

And then time to put the grill back together to see the Black edition look:

20160316 171828

20160316 171843

I also did the de-chroming of the door and window edges:

20160320 234804

Tell me what you think guys :) :redrs4::blow:

Reactions: xpoweruk and Chop.
my thoughts

i like the original grill with the black trim, have you tried the black rings on it ?

the chrome s4 grill the black rings just dont look right with the chrome behind them, i'm not a fan of the s4 grill but then i did get rid of mine too

nice progress, IMO its tricky with the chrome to get the right look, i think if youve blacked out the roof bars and window trim then you want to avoid chrome on the grill, but badges and mirror caps might look or go for the full black out, although i do like the black and red mirrors and just the chrome rings

I like the original grille blacked out with the chrome rings. How did u black the window trim? I'm looking at doing the same

Looking good :)

Reactions: lakers1234
I like the original grille blacked out with the chrome rings. How did u black the window trim? I'm looking at doing the same

Thanks. A lot of masking,covering up, sanding down, and spraying. Wouldn't do it again, done it twice now and it was a mistake both times. It's soooo long winded and not worth the headache. Better to plasti-dip or wrap.

Thanks. A lot of masking,covering up, sanding down, and spraying. Wouldn't do it again, done it twice now and it was a mistake both times. It's soooo long winded and not worth the headache. Better to plasti-dip or wrap.

Good job, exactly why I won't tackle this myself, plus if it stone chips it goes right through, I'm on my 3 round of fog light trim spraying :)