What to do 1st?

colemanlee76

Suspicious
Reaction score
Alright all. I took delivery of my 2001 A4 1.8 turbo sport 4 weeks ago after owning a VR6 for 5 years. Now after 4 weeks driving (and giving the A4 a chance) ive noticed it doesnt have the same response when i want to put my foot down. Getting down to business, what mod can i do 1st that will improve the situation bearing in mind ive only approx. 500quid to spend

can anyone out there recommend what they've done to their cars. I'd appreciate ne advise

cheers

Remap £225.Makes a huge difference and gives you about £300 to spend on a diverter valve,filter,TIP.Will be nice to drive then.:thumbsup:

I ran a 2001 1.8T and if I were you I would take it to Amd tomorrow, I waited 6 months and afterwards all I could think was I missed out for that whole time.

Thanks for the input guys. As i live on the coast down in Kent who's my best bet to get a re-map done on it? James where can i get these items you mentioned

Thanks for that. Ive just looked on Awesome GTi's website and they're offering an APR stage 1 re-map for 375.00. Which will take the BHP to approx. 200 does this sound about right? Ive also looked on the DPM website (thanks for the links!) who offer most things for the engine.

Yes you do need to add VAT as ive just purchased a Forge Diverter Valve. cost me 90quid including VAT and P&P. Looked at ChippedUK's website and I think theres a dealer in south london so ill be giving them a call soon

I think I've still got the rolling road print out somewhere, I'll try and look it out for you, pretty sure it was quite a bit over 200bhp though.

good stuff cheers guys. ive heard of big boys toys so ill check em out thanks

Found the info on my re-map, not able to attach but I have posted in my gallery.

Thanks for that. Im quite impressed with the power gain that they acheived did you notice any improvement/loss in fuel economy

Didn't take much notice of the mpg to be honest. But who cares anyway. I'll drive an electric car when I'm 60.